a bit of advice for a client if possible

philip2011

hi people hear we go

I had a client approach me asking about street trees etc as she wanted it removing.

so naturally I advised her that all street trees belong to the local authority and that she should contact her local TO to discuss her issues but warned her that local authority wont remove the tree unless its deemed ad decised or dangerous, as the tree do not fall into these categorises I suggested to phone the TO and explain her reasons for having the tree removed (blocking day light into the house/garden leaves are slippy in the fall and my clients house is on a steep slope and the bird poo is damaging the paint on her car also the roots are begging to lift the next door neighbours wall she does not mind having the tree removed at her own cost ) I have advised her to take all her information and put it into a formal letter or meeting with the TO and take things from their.

I have also suggested to replant a tree in her back garden to replace the one she wants removing can anyone add to my advice or let me know if i have missed anything cheers phil :001_smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it isn't causing damage, dead or dangerous, you're wasting your time.

TO's get a hundred complaints a day from people who love trees, apart from the one in front of their house. I love trees - but:biggrin:

yes i have warned her of this but she seems very determind to the point she will find a way to kill it (lol) was just asking if i had missed anything from my advice to her shes fighting a up hill battle IMO but i try to help and advice where i can

The trees could also belong to the highways.

In strange circumstances sometimes the developer of housing estates forget/don't give little bits land to the council once the building works are complete, I've work on street trees that belong to a developer who built the houses in the early 80s apparently it's quite common

Some of you are pretty short-sighted.

Easter bank holiday weekend coming up, £1.5k.

Maybe bung on £20 extra for a couple of cheapo tarps from Toolstation to hang over the signwriting.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Do what we do, put magnetic signs over our painted ones, with our competitors name on:001_tt2::lol: