Tempur mattresses

Steve Bullman

The worst thing I have done so far this year is test out a tempur mattress in dreams. I've now spent the past 6 weeks trying to talk myself out of spending £1600 on a mattress:001_huh:

Anyone here own one? If I knew it was going to help out my back for sure I would have no qualms about digging deep

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a mattress with a 2 inch memory foam layer on top. It is the best mattress I have had but my needs are different to most. I have to be careful of my skin due to paralysis but need the edge of the mattress to remain firm enough to allow me to lift all my weight on my fist without it sinking too far in when I transfer to the wheelchair

I am sure which did a test within the last year and the tempur mattresses came out as rubbish the £1600 mattress was the only one to fall to bits during the test.

I went through this problem about 6 months ago crippling back aches. Bought a middle of the range pocket sprung from John Ryan. If nothing else read their web site it will give you good knowledge. Ours was £1100 and I orderered with out even seeing it due to their money back guarantee and their good reviews. Ours is superb I would go back for another when our 10 year guarantee runs out :biggrin: they can do the mattress in two ratings my wife is slim and I am well you know less slim :lol:

I am sure which did a test within the last year and the tempur mattresses came out as rubbish the £1600 mattress was the only one to fall to bits during the test.

I went through this problem about 6 months ago crippling back aches. Bought a middle of the range pocket sprung from John Ryan. If nothing else read their web site it will give you good knowledge. Ours was £1100 and I orderered with out even seeing it due to their money back guarantee and their good reviews. Ours is superb I would go back for another when our 10 year guarantee runs out :biggrin: they can do the mattress in two ratings my wife is slim and I am well you know less slim :lol:

Interesting. Tempur do a 15 year guarantee on all their mattresses.

Interesting. Tempur do a 15 year guarantee on all their mattresses.

I will try to find the report I might be doing them an injustice as it was 6 months ago. Well worth having a good read of the John Ryan site. Memory foam mattresses can be very hot in the summer. I think they may be like marmite.

I knew it was our old mattress because i slept on a Hypnos bed at a premier inn and my back was much better but the Hypnos mattress never struck me as anything special

I bought a new mattress last year, looked at the pure memory forum, did the rounds trying them all out !!

Ended up changing the 10 year old 1000 pocket spring with memory foam topping Sleepless night for Slumberland 5000 pocket spring memory foam topped and boy what a difference!! Apart from the thing will brake us back getting it up the stairs took 3 of us boy is it heavy all them extra springs!

Sleep like a dream.. Wished I had changed it sooner ! Cost £900 king size

If going for pocket springs get the highest volume of springs available makes all the difference !!

Warranty - check the small print!!

Some say you have to have proof to say you had it cleaned professionally on a regular/annual basics

We bought one about 8years ago. It's a genuine Tempur and I think it's about 9" thick. It's absolutely as good now as when we bought it. It was about £1000 at the time

It is by far the comfiest mattress I have ever slept on and is brilliant for my back. We occasionally sleep on an imitation Tempur which is absolute rubbish in comparison.

If you suffer with your back Steve, order yours tomorrow. And some Tempur pillows too.

But get some help to carry it to the bedroom, it's flaming heavy. You could hurt your back....