Forst tr6 on its way

simonm

Redwoods kindly brought a tr6 & tr8 to our yard yesterday both are fantastic machines, in the end we went for the tr6 as we do both commercial & domestic jobs i felt the tr6 having the capability to hunker down to 800mm could prove handy for those back garden jobs. It throws chip easily 20 feet and for a small machine the infeed is aggressive, chipping speed is fast and it breaks down unions with ease. Overall forst looks like a well built machine, easy to service etc, and up to date i would highly recommend redwoods service, 3 years parts and labour warranty, their engineers come to you, they will even deliver the new machine to me. And as our machine is up for sale they have promised to

loan us a tr6 for a few days while mine is being assembled :thumbup1:

59766c6d4e728_WP_20150219_0021.jpg.15ef23bf8eeb6923c395802e4422ccc9.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redwood rang me yesterday pushing to try one. From the outset they seem to tick the boxes. Kubota engine what's the price comparison compared to a tracked timberwolf? Did you get a trailer with it?

Don't do it tom! This bloody st6 a

Has been broken down more than going this week!!! Stick to the wolf!!!!!

Redwood rang me yesterday pushing to try one. From the outset they seem to tick the boxes. Kubota engine what's the price comparison compared to a tracked timberwolf? Did you get a trailer with it?

Far as i am aware the only comparable timberwolf model is the tracked 150 and i dunno what they retail at. Their is £50 difference between the TR8 & 190 TFTR. I chose the Forst because of the extended warranty, and what seems like better dealer back up. I have a 190 road tow and i cannot fault it at all, It does genuinely look a good machine but as with anything only time will tell...No trailer with it pal.

We have a new tw 230 and it's the dogs nuts. Just seeing what's about that's all.

Im not a fan of all that light weight stuff, i can see why they are made for lads with restricted licences. I was mincing around with the Forst because its infeed is smaller than what we are used i didnt think i could feed it as much and as fast but you can chuck it in and it blasts it out no messing. I know the 190 will require less sneding because of the infeed size, but you cannot have everything.