Can I wash my harness?

Jack.J

Hello all,

As the title says I was wondering if I can wash my harness in the machine same as I wash my ropes, no detergent, cold wash etc?

I'm just a wee bit worried it may damage the integrity of it?

Reason I ask is its just been posted back to me from Sweden and has a wee bit of surface mold on it.

Thanks in advice :thumbup:

Harnesses are made of man made fibres and metal. They're designed to be beaten about by trees and tree climbers in all weathers. I hardly think a stretch in a washing machine or a bath tub is going to worry it.

Use soap flakes, gaffer tape some thick old socks around the metal bits and chuck it into the machine.

I was going to ask the same thing as my willans t22 has a bit of mould on it also, mind you it hasn't seen the light of day for a good 3yrs being tucked away in the shed. It's a good idea cable tying and gaffer taping the buckles up so I don't damage the wife's washing machine :sneaky2:

I was going to ask the same thing as my willans t22 has a bit of mould on it also, mind you it hasn't seen the light of day for a good 3yrs being tucked away in the shed. It's a good idea cable tying and gaffer taping the buckles up so I don't damage the wife's washing machine :sneaky2:

I had the same problem Jim, My sequoia just turned up after being posted back from Sweden but gathered a little surface mould as it had been in its bag since late May. It's not long out of the machine and looks shiny again! I just hope it dries for tomorrow now haha.

Thanks for all the advice guys :thumbup:

Much appreciated