mk6 transit clutch pedal

swinny

Has anyone had any problem with there clutch pedal?

Mine has just gone strange, now and again wont diss engage the clutch, more so in reverse. Try knock it out of gear no good. Pain in the arse intermittant and just started today!

Im fairly sure i know what it is, behind the clutch pedal there is a rod connected to a main cylinder fed via the brake reservoir, i can see that it has been wheeping from there and am fairly confident its sucking air in at this point into the system and this is why its giving me problems!

Anyone else had one of these go?

One of our mk7 transits had the same problem yesterday.

Suddenly lost ability to select gears or get it into neutral, it was the hydraulic clutch fluid level. If its leaking the fluid will obviously be low meaning its unable to disengage the clutch properly!

short term fix fill up the reservoir (I was told there are 2 on a mk7 not sure about mk6)

Long term fix you'll have to get the leak fixed or you'll be stuck waiting for recovery like us!

Hope this helps