Rope Runner Thread

Ian Flatters

Ok,

So I've been rocking about the tree crowns daily since the end of march 2014.

I wrote an overview for EssentialARB earlier in the year so that would be a good place to start but ill talk about my own experiences of it here.

Firstly its very much the same as using the Rope Wrench Lockjack combo, extremely responsive and smooth once you dial it in. Theres an adjustable bolt in the top which you can adjust to finite your desired response on the rope.

Its super smooth ascending the rope with minimal friction much like the unicender.

To increase ascent ease i found a small tape sling (as small as i could find) between the bottom pulley attachment point. A snap crab and chest loop means you have a smooth handsfree ascent system. I haven't had the chance to use it with HAAS yet so i cannot comment on that setup.

I know there are a few others who have had one for as long as me and are members on here so hopefully they will share their experiences of theres.

Feel free to fire any questions at me and ill do my best to answer them.

But overall I'm very, very happy with it. :thumbup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Al,

Indeed it is mid line attachable.

It's hard to compare it to the hitch hiker as that's more along the same spec as the rope wrench. But I know preference boils down to the liking of a hitch or fully mechanical.

I would say the hitch hiker has a finer descent transition though as for me that would be hard to beat from when I was using one. I haven't used the hitch hiker with the pinto pulley that people add now so I couldn't give a fair opinion on slack tending either at this present moment.

Thanks Ian

I understand what you mean about the preference thing. I spent years on a Lockjack and find a massive difference between mechanical and rope hitch.

Can a comparison be made between a RR and SJ for descending?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

Yes very similar to be honest although i prefer the mechanism of the rope runner. I prefer taking a bit of weight off the rope runner and depressing the lever rather than directly pressing the lever with my full weight on it.

Yes very similar to be honest although i prefer the mechanism of the rope runner. I prefer taking a bit of weight off the rope runner and depressing the lever rather than directly pressing the lever with my full weight on it.

Cool. That's how I used to descend on my LJ, when I was in mid air.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.