Printer problems, again - help!

sloth

Hi all, any techy types able to help me?

I have an hp 7500 wide format printer (just out of warranty) which won't print blue. After print quality got a bit patchy I replaced all the cartridges with reconditioned ones from cartridgesave site. Now blue hardly if at all comes out. Ive run the clean cycle and the 'second stage' clean several times and get a message to inform me if quality is still not acceptable I need a new printhead, which is more than the printer costs?!

I had similar with my last printer after removing an old cartridge to take to the shop with me, apparently if out too long they dry up. It was a cheap printer and I needed a larger one anyway so no bother, this is as I need to print documents asap.

Where the cartridge sits in the printhead it will make your finger blue, and as my blue mouth will confirm, ink does flow freely from the cartridge.

Any suggestions please. Before I buy another bloody printer :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Had the same problem for years with various makes of inkjets, either keep then running smoothly with genuine cartridges and pay the price of the printer over and over again many times, or go with cheaper cartridges/refills and have hassle.

Last year I bit the bullet and bought an office spec Brother black and white laser printer. A lot dearer but we've probably saved half the cost of it already with (hopefully) many years of service still ahead of it and the speed and print quality is just phenomenal.

No use if you MUST have colour of-course but I reckoned we could do without it and it hasn't been a problem at all.

Could be a faulty refill, Some cartridges now have to be primed after refill and might not have been.

Failing that try this

Nothing wrong with refills, I have refilled inkjet carts myself for years without problems.

For all office work we have an oki colour laser and oki b&w laser, the colour has been using refill toners for the last few years. Genuine laser refills are pricey when you add in all the other bits like opc belts lasers can be expensive to run, but print quality is far superior imo, no good for decent quality pics though.

Edited by scraggs

Hi all, any techy types able to help me?

I have an hp 7500 wide format printer (just out of warranty) which won't print blue. After print quality got a bit patchy I replaced all the cartridges with reconditioned ones from cartridgesave site. Now blue hardly if at all comes out. Ive run the clean cycle and the 'second stage' clean several times and get a message to inform me if quality is still not acceptable I need a new printhead, which is more than the printer costs?!

I had similar with my last printer after removing an old cartridge to take to the shop with me, apparently if out too long they dry up. It was a cheap printer and I needed a larger one anyway so no bother, this is as I need to print documents asap.

Where the cartridge sits in the printhead it will make your finger blue, and as my blue mouth will confirm, ink does flow freely from the cartridge.

Any suggestions please. Before I buy another bloody printer :banghead:

its the non genuine cartridges that are the problem there not worth getting. more than likly the non ink has mixed with what was left of the original and gummed the print station up so you either get streaks hardly any print. best bet get originals put in run it through cleaning cycle and then do a test print bet it comes back like new HP and lexmark use the print head on the cartridge hence the cost unlike the others who use a separate print head. also you can get non compatible messages coming up as the chip is marked were they get refilled. thats there problem refilled with what was left and it conjels inside cartridge. had many a rainbow fingers in the old days when they were not throw away replacing maintenance station as all gummed up with ink. and all down to non genuine cartridges. hence why i hate them and will never use them false economy. also clean the maint station were the cartridge housing sits in ideal use iso propelene and cotton wool buds to clean it but its a messy job. as for lazer depends how many prints you do a month and is it all colour if majority of your work is black and white get a mono lazer. cheap to run 2p a copy. colour lazers can be dear. £70 per cartridge 10k per fill then the OPC £200 fuser £350 but these last for 50k run. depends how much you printing lexmark do good colour and mono printers and reliable not the cheapest but are good

Edited by hedgesparrow

Hmmm, is laser the way to go then? I dont use much colour, this was the first change in the year and a bit I've had it, but it is essential for me.

IMO without a doubt, why not get a used b+W laser and run it alongside.

I use a Samsung CLP 320, colour not good but it prints from tablet, smartphone as well as pcs.

Wow a3 colour lasers are expensive! Think I may have to try the cleaning method on this, replace if no good, and only buy genuine from now on. A4 b&w laser alongside isn't a bad idea, I'll have to see whats about.

Cheers all

Wow a3 colour lasers are expensive! Think I may have to try the cleaning method on this, replace if no good, and only buy genuine from now on. A4 b&w laser alongside isn't a bad idea, I'll have to see whats about.

Cheers all

How often do you need high quality colour? Boots will do photo quality from a jpeg.

If you want the business check out konica minolta c280 seriously good