Anyone got experience of Roger Young, Saltash, Cornwall?

Andrew Barrett

I am close to buying an Isuzu D-Max tipper conversion uprated to 3.5 ton gross vehicle weight from Roger Young, Saltash, Cornwall.

But tommer9 on here has suggested that their service, workmanship and reputation have gone downhill badly recently. In particular that their fabrication quality is "worse than shoddy" (only repeating what he said in a public post replying to me).

As you can imagine, this is not what I want to hear when I'm thinking of buying a tipper conversion them! But if it's true I'd much rather know and avoid them.

Does anyone on here have experience - especially recent - that would help me decide.

Thanks,

Andrew

I am close to buying an Isuzu D-Max tipper conversion uprated to 3.5 ton gross vehicle weight from Roger Young, Saltash, Cornwall.

But tommer9 on here has suggested that their service, workmanship and reputation have gone downhill badly recently. In particular that their fabrication quality is "worse than shoddy" (only repeating what he said in a public post replying to me).

As you can imagine, this is not what I want to hear when I'm thinking of buying a tipper conversion them! But if it's true I'd much rather know and avoid them.

Does anyone on here have experience - especially recent - that would help me decide.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew would you not be better off going to see there work what do now and see for your self mate thanks Jon

Hi Andrew would you not be better off going to see there work what do now and see for your self mate thanks Jon

Thanks for your reply mendiplogs. Yes, I will go down and have a look before putting in order. But they are about a three hour drive away and this will be my first tipper / box conversion. I don't reckon I have any particular skill in assessing these things.

If I have problems it will be a pain taking it all the way back there to be be sorted - but they are the only people I've found so far who road-legally uprate a standard 4x4 pick up to 3.5 ton GVW (I need/want the extra payload). I'm also doing my researches whilst on hols in Oz as don't seem to have the time at home!

Thanks for your reply mendiplogs. Yes, I will go down and have a look before putting in order. But they are about a three hour drive away and this will be my first tipper / box conversion. I don't reckon I have any particular skill in assessing these things.

If I have problems it will be a pain taking it all the way back there to be be sorted - but they are the only people I've found so far who road-legally uprate a standard 4x4 pick up to 3.5 ton GVW (I need/want the extra payload). I'm also doing my researches whilst on hols in Oz as don't seem to have the time at home!

Hi Andrew there's someone over near EGGS way that does LR tipper body mate thanks Jon

Thanks,

Andrew

What sort of money is one ?