Carpel tunnel symptoms?

grtforestry

aii..... its something my dad and grandad have had and i get it after a long physical stint carrying things like posts and stuff

usually numbness in the fingers are the symptoms

the operation to fix it is straightforward and simple as has my dad underwent with great success, however they'll try to inject it first with steroids see if that works which never does in the long term

i suffer it effects both hands and makes the thumb and next two fingers feel like theyve gone to sleep yet ring finger and little finger unaffected. its worst in mornings and at night you can get physio help but ive been on drs waiting list for over six months so given up

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

My dad had the operation in his right hand a few weeks ago. He's recently gone back to work on light duties. It seems to have worked as now his left hand is worse.

he also had severe temperature differential in each finger on the same hand which I believe was part of CTS as well (i.e. middle finger freezing cold but ring finger warm to touch, not just what he felt.)

i suffer it effects both hands and makes the thumb and next two fingers feel like theyve gone to sleep yet ring finger and little finger unaffected. its worst in mornings and at night you can get physio help but ive been on drs waiting list for over six months so given up

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

I get something similar to that aching hands then if I try picking something up my thumb and finger have no power to grab, nearly lost a few cups of tea! I also get a numb feeling up my fore arm. Sounds like a trip to the docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I had it . Numbness in the two fingers nearest the thumb . There is a sheath in your wrist that the nerves and tendons pass through . When you get " pumped " from repetitive exercises/work it constricts the tunnel sheath compressing the nerves . They just cut the the sheath to allow for expansion . Day surgery only . A few stitches and some rest to heal . Mine was caused by heavy braking and throttle control on a bike .

I had it . Numbness in the two fingers nearest the thumb . There is a sheath in your wrist that the nerves and tendons pass through . When you get " pumped " from repetitive exercises/work it constricts the tunnel sheath compressing the nerves . They just cut the the sheath to allow for expansion . Day surgery only . A few stitches and some rest to heal . Mine was caused by heavy braking and throttle control on a bike .

Think planting has a lot to do with mine knocking hundreds of stakes in! Been bad this week disking up big road side trees.

Think planting has a lot to do with mine knocking hundreds of stakes in! Been bad this week disking up big road side trees.

Yep that sorta thing does it . Meant to say the op cured mine so hopefully it will yours ....