brand new husky 372 problem

forest tink

hi there folks,i have a new 372,bought about 4 weeks ago,when its pulled over the chain turns,the saw is not that easy to start as its a heavy pull even with the decomp in,once it gets going it over idles a little at first before settling down,it runs fairly well in general when it has a fill through it,seems like a clutch problem but I haven't tampered with it as I don't want to balls up the warranty side of things,just wondering if anyone had any ideas or even the same problem,on a side note I have a new 365 aswell and it is as you would expect from a new saw,much better than the 372

seems like a clutch problem but I haven't tampered with it as I don't want to balls up the warranty side of things,

You can take the clutch cover off and remove the chain without harming any warranty claim, take it apart and have a look.

H-A

You can take the clutch cover off and remove the chain without harming any warranty claim, take it apart and have a look.

H-A

i have had a look at that,i was meaning taking the clutch itself off and having a look,its as if its binding on a little,it has been like that since day one but i have persisted till now hoping it would sort itself out,starting the 365 is night and day compared to this thing and as mentioned above is basically the same saw with a inwards clutch,the saw gets used flat out everyday of the working week so it should be settled in by now i would reckon

aye that's the crack this week,cant be bothered with the hassle,thats 2 in a row with the 372 that have been duffers,no luck at all :sad:

When the saw not running, the clutch drum should spin freely around the crankshaft, if the clutch drum binds on the crankshaft, the saw will struggle to idle and the chai will spin.

Common faults will be broken clutch spring, Seized clutch bearing, twine or crap wrapped around the crankshaft end.

I would pop the circlip off the end of the crankshaft, pull off the clutch, make sure the three springs are in place and complete, put a good coat of grease on the needle bearing, replace the clutch drum etc and ensure the thing spins freely.

This will take you 15 mins and is pretty simple with a small screw driver and a pair of pliers.

It is common for twine/string/line to get caught around the end of the crank with inbound clutches - much less common for a spring to go on a near new machine.

Lets get to the bottomof the issue before condemning the machine:001_rolleyes:

When the saw not running, the clutch drum should spin freely around the crankshaft, if the clutch drum binds on the crankshaft, the saw will struggle to idle and the chai will spin.

Common faults will be broken clutch spring, Seized clutch bearing, twine or crap wrapped around the crankshaft end.

I would pop the circlip off the end of the crankshaft, pull off the clutch, make sure the three springs are in place and complete, put a good coat of grease on the needle bearing, replace the clutch drum etc and ensure the thing spins freely.

This will take you 15 mins and is pretty simple with a small screw driver and a pair of pliers.

It is common for twine/string/line to get caught around the end of the crank with inbound clutches - much less common for a spring to go on a near new machine.

Lets get to the bottomof the issue before condemning the machine:001_rolleyes:

took the clutch of a wee while ago,nothing noticeable,it has done it since the day it came out of the dealers