How do I secure my wireless network

Dean Lofthouse

Our lass has just been outside and caught an Asian taxi driver sat outside browsing the internet (hopefully thats all he was doing) on my network.

I've been meaning to make it a secure network but dont know how.

Does anyone know

dose it not ask for a security code when you connect to it with a new pc

Our lass has just been outside and caught an Asian taxi driver sat outside browsing the internet (hopefully thats all he was doing) on my network.

I've been meaning to make it a secure network but dont know how.

Does anyone know

Cant really blame the fella Dean. Where do you live? Just grabbing the lap-top and I’ll be right over!

dean,

look at setting up some sort of encryption. log onto the router, the IP address should be on the back of the router. type this into explorer, firefox, safari or whatever web browser you are using. it will probably ask for a login and password.

Look at setting up a WEP or WPA encryption and password. If you want even further security, the router should have a section for 'devices' you can add MAC address filtering aswell. This means that to connect to your network you need to have entered the MAC address into the filter lists.

There are other ways - sorry I cannot offer more info. the routers are different but essentially have the same functionality.

Either that, disable the wireless and connect via an ethernet cable...:001_tongue: