Tendinitis in hand and forearm

GARY

Surely the sports guy is showing you stretches to do at home? I have stretches for my neck,sholders hips knees and ankles shown to me by my ostio to keep me going.

My best advice would be take a week off and keep it warm. Avoid anything repetitive, typing computer games etc.

Same as Steve look at what your doing and try to see what's causing the most agrevasion to your injury and ease off or better still try to alter your habits.

I had it really bad, I would wake up in the night with a dead arm and need to massage it awake again. It is recoverable without ops or steroids, for me it was a wake up call, if you want to remain fit and have a long career you got to pay attention to what your body is telling you.

you have got a friend for life with that. i got tennis elbow and ‘trigger finger’ back in ’09. still got it. and i have worked the last two years in retail, so no saws or other nasty vibrating machines. these days it only effects me in the cold and damp or when i have been at the climbing wall.

I've been doing a bit of spannering helping nephew with his car fitting steering rack and wishbone and the cold and damp along with weird positions has brought my elbow and neck trouble back so it's easy life for a few days till it goes away again. I had injections years ago to alleviate it but I find keeping it warm and moderately mobile but no heavy work helps most.

I probably wouldn't bother with the sports massage, but you need to find out which stretches you need (the list gets longer as you get older - a physio I used to fence with told me everyone would have gone home if I went through all the stretches he's recommend for me before we fenced!). You'll need to stretch before you start, at times during the day and also after you've stopped (I'd add as well ..when you get up and before you go to bed)

I used to get this real bad around the elbow and along the forearm. As has been said change your climbing style. I changed to a spider jack hand over hand and I can honestly say the effect was almost instant. I've been climbing for 25 yrs now and don't intend to stop anytime soon. What system are you using?