Community Spirit

Dean Lofthouse

Reading Andys post about going round knocking on doors of the elderly and checking on them makes you feel warm inside knowing there are lots of people willing to put themselves out to help others.

However,,

This morning I got up early to clear the drive and get the car sorted so our lass could get to work ok, shes a Renal Nurse so lots of people are very very dependant on them getting into work.

Whilst clearing the drive I could hear a car revving and skidding on the dirt track opposite, some wazzark had come out in his car to take the dog for a walk, finished the walk then couldn't get back out.

Now there's me thinking should I help him or should I continue getting our lasses car out, ermmm stupid doggie walker versus kidney patients whos lives depend on nurses getting to them.

Luckily the chap never asked me to help him otherwise I may have told him exactly how stupid he was. But the point being I never helped him, hoping this would teach him a lesson in future and after all the news bullitens telling people to only make neccessary journeys.

I guess the dog was busting for a walk.

Should I feel bad about deliberately not helping :001_smile:

We haven't had a massive amount of snow overnight but my drive is steep and it was icy underneath with a steep drop over the wall at the other side of the road :001_smile:

597653d072abc_drive006.jpg.92e13c1b62d4ff3919e86947c7e63746.jpg

597653d06fef6_drive005.jpg.9632fa3459080bdf1aaba29302fd2824.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a full two weeks work in but problem is I could do the work but once the snow melts there'll be a right mess left on the lawns :bored:

I'll wait till the snows gone then get toed in to catch up again, hopefully it'll be gone in a couple of days,

Really bright sunshine here now.

Re: the doggy walker and taking his car, that was my thoughts exactly, walk your dog to the track you pillark..... and I bet he lived just round the corner.

can see your point dean about people going out needlessly in these conditions, went to do a fencing job yesterday had 3 ton digger on trailer and hole borer, we couldnt get up a hill to get to the job so pulled the machine off and tracked it up, but the amount of numptys coming down the hill in cars just to go down the shop and buy all the milk and bread was rediculus, its these dickheads who drive 500 yds down road to go to shop that make it more difficult for people who genuinely need to get about.

but the amount of numptys coming down the hill in cars just to go down the shop and buy all the milk and bread was rediculus, .

I hear on the news there has been panic buying already.

I firmly believe that if all supermarkets closed, lives would be lost. People all over the country would be running round like headless chickens wondering what to do and would eventually starve. :001_tongue:

I would have done excatly the same Dean.

People don't seem to get the concept of essential journeys. Used to hack me off when I worked up the Snake Pass, the number of people who would drive up passed the Road Closed barriers just to have a look at the snow and get in the way of people who were trying to work.

Wouldn't surprise me if your dog walkers next port of call was a spot of panic buying. Tends to be people who have to much time on there hands who engage in these activities.

well i would have stopped and helped him:001_tongue:

but then again i did wake wiffey up this morning to tell her she would have to clean drive if she wanted to get her car out

not a prob for me in landrover

priorities