Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Lounge Off topic forum. Discuss anything from religion to politics. Please keep it clean.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-12   #21 (permalink)
NFG

Re: Out Door Cooking

Hi,

Heres our 'outdoor cooker' well sort of, its an old bread oven, which used to supply the entire village with bread,

We have re-tiled the oven part & the building is in the process of being restored so will be great once done.

N
Attached Images

Old 12-06-12   #22 (permalink)
Senior member, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Mmm, pizza in that would be great!

www.bluetrees.org.uk
Old 12-06-12   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2010, 2011

We use a "Hotpoint Special" it's a stainless steel washing machine drum with the spike and works well in wind/rain and looks like fire flies from the side. (Used the glass door for a bird bath) I have a mesh grill on the top.
Old 12-06-12   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

On site we have mains water but no electric. Over the years we have found the best way to get a brew quick is a combination of two themes... the rocket stove and the Kelly Kettle. This solution beats trying to keep a fire in all day. It is lit on demand and is so quick to boil that it made the gas ring redundant. We just use the never ending supply of splinters of wood from around the splitter.

It has become such a normal part of the day that it takes a thread like this to remind me that everyone else might not be doing it this way so today I took a photo.

The stove is a variant of the 16 brick rocket stove. The bricks at the front are moved around to match the direction of the wind.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-12   #25 (permalink)
User formerly known as paulsbrash, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
On site we have mains water but no electric. Over the years we have found the best way to get a brew quick is a combination of two themes... the rocket stove and the Kelly Kettle. This solution beats trying to keep a fire in all day. It is lit on demand and is so quick to boil that it made the gas ring redundant. We just use the never ending supply of splinters of wood from around the splitter.

It has become such a normal part of the day that it takes a thread like this to remind me that everyone else might not be doing it this way so today I took a photo.

The stove is a variant of the 16 brick rocket stove. The bricks at the front are moved around to match the direction of the wind.
I've got one just like that
Old 13-06-12   #26 (permalink)

my idea of out door cooking,,,,,,,,,,,,
Attached Images

Old 14-06-12   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

But not everyone has access to the Crem.
Old 14-06-12   #28 (permalink)

guess it does look a bit like that. when we are on the loco we always do lunch on the shovel , a potato in the smoke box , one trip and you have the best jacket spud you have ever tasted............