Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

Hi mate,

Rifle is a Steyr Prohunter in .243 Scopes a S&B 8x56, and a T8 mod (big black one) changing to an Ase Utra Stainless one in the later photos.

The carcass is a roe I neck shot @ about 130m a year back. Bullet was a 95gr. Nosler "hunting" Ballistic Tip.

At the time I used that rifle for my small deer stalking, I have now changed to a 6.5x55 for better stopping power, but the .243 still does the business on rabbits-foxes out to 300m :)

Sam

Only got a pic of our O/U 12 Bores. The top one is my Miroku Mk38 12 bore. The bottom one is my dads Browning 325 Grade 1. Both are 32 inch barrels but only the Browning has multi choke.

The list goes on:

- Beretta Teknys 12 Bore 3 shot semi auto (Normally used for any legal vermin)

- Beretta Extrema 12 Bore 5 shot semi auto (Normally used for any legal vermin)

- .17 HMR (Rabbits and rats)

- .22 (Foxes and Rabbits)

- .243 (Foxes only)

- Verminator .22 (Rabbits, Rats, Squirrels)

- BSA Ultra Multi shot tactical (Rabbits, Rats, Squirrels, etc)

002.jpg.71cb2d91b01d8b8c56c41626bb73c4a5.jpg

Edited by Matthew Arnold
  • Like 1

I've only owned air rifles then got into lurchers so stopped using guns but used to do a lot of fixing with my mates dad who is ex special forces he's uses a .243 what a gun that is mate I envy you. He set up a fridge door with a tiny square drawn on it one day when setting up his sights and gave me a go, I can't remember the distance but it was a long distance first shot I missed by about 6 inches and the next missed by millimetrers I'm not a good shot just the gun was awesome wouldn't like to see it in the wrong hands