Boxing Day Hunt Meets

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha . yes the game shoots are still runningfine up in the north east. i was working my dogs on the local shoot the other day . in drifts up to my waist (im 6ft). however the gamekeeper still carried on. :laugh1:

oh and there a band on woodcock.

Edited by egs

Used to whip in to a beagle pack so was allways out on boxing day - allways had the antis out in force!!

Have you been to the Portman Kennels? Its a nice old kennels, stayed down there a few times as my freind was the groom there!

I dont hunt any more as there was a big falling out at the kennels which made me re think things that were going on Legal or otherwise mostly cruel and illegal.

The most natural and humane way to kill a fox argeument went well out the window.

This has'nt got anything to do with the hunt and I have nothing against fox hunting, shooting etc apart from the people on horses who think they own the roads and dont wave or crack a smile when you've just waited 5 mins in the van for them all to come by.

any way I was going to apply for a shot gun to shoot a few clays and a bit of pest control.

The thing I've always wanted to know is....what is the fun in shooting pheasants(not sure of the spelling) because when ever I drive through the lanes and see one they never want to fly off until you drive at them and nearly run them over.

when they do finaly decide to fly off, there not the most gracful at flying and look pretty easy to hit, surely its more fun to shoots clays is'nt it ?

and before any one says it I'm not going to put a pheasant in a clay pigeon trap.