Richard Dawkins- discuss

chris cnc

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYOgRo&feature=related]YouTube - Richard Dawkins Interviews Creationist Wendy Wright (Part 1/7)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg&feature=related]YouTube - Richard Dawkins - "What if you're wrong?"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2xGIwQfik&feature=related]YouTube - Dawkins vs. Tyson[/ame]

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't get me started on this guy,:thumbdown:

I have thoroughly researched his work, beliefs, and ideology and have come to the conclusion that he is a dogmatic man and a poor excuse for a scientist. He uses rhetoric instead of fact and evidence to convince people that evolution is true, and because of his position within the scientific community, people take what he says as red.

Im not alone in this, thousands of scientists dislike what he is doing including some of the most brainy blokes of our generation (see below).

“Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great conmen and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever. In explaining evolution, we do not have one iota of fact.” *(Dr. T.N. Tahmisian of the Atomic Energy Commission)

I have thoroughly researched his work, beliefs, and ideology and have come to the conclusion that he is a dogmatic man and a poor excuse for a scientist. He uses rhetoric instead of fact and evidence to convince people that evolution is true, and because of his position within the scientific community, people take what he says as red.

Im not alone in this, thousands of scientists dislike what he is doing including some of the most brainy blokes of our generation (see below).

“Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great conmen and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever. In explaining evolution, we do not have one iota of fact.” *(Dr. T.N. Tahmisian of the Atomic Energy Commission)

i agree, he is a clever guy but he goes about his work in the wrong way (in my opinion)

i know atheists who are repulsed by Dawkins.

But who can resist a good debate?

As apposed the the FACTS that prove god :001_rolleyes:

:congrats::congrats:

I would side with Dawkins over any religious fanatic anyday! He is a legend.

What does a scientist studying atomic energy have to do with evolutionary biology. (Edit: And how much has he been paid by the templeton foundation to say that?)

As far as I'm concerned evolution is fact but people are well within their rights to think what like.

Should be an interesting debate/arguement haha

As apposed the the FACTS that prove god :001_rolleyes:

within the confines of modern science (the scientific method) you can't prove 100% that any material thing exists,

For me the evidence that points to God's existence is all around me, every time i climb a tree, take my dogs for a walk, remember all the laws of physics, contemplate the extreme fine tuning of the physical universe, or simply experience the human emotions of love, compassion, and friendship .

However God is took big to scientifically prove, i mean do you thing God is so small that we can get Him in a laboratory and understand his workings like we do those of a cell. However i am encouraged when i rea quotes like the one below.

All my studies in science have confirmed my faith" Sir Ghillean Prance (Fellow of the Royal Society and probably Britian's most prominent botanist and ecologist)

I would side with Dawkins over any religious fanatic anyday! He is a legend.

What does a scientist studying atomic energy have to do with evolutionary biology. (Edit: And how much has he been paid by the templeton foundation to say that?)

As far as I'm concerned evolution is fact but people are well within their rights to think what like.

Should be an interesting debate/arguement haha

sorry but all i see is willful brainwashing by the establishment, I do not see personal evaluation of the evidence and a your own conclusion based on what you find. It seems to me like you accept evolution because others have told you that it is fact.

What do you personally know about the current theory of explaining the mechanics of evolution?

Have you personally studied the fossil record?

What do you know about the current explanation of the origin of life?

What do you think to the fine tuning arguments?

I have done all the above, and on this basis i feel qualified to say that i refute evolution as a scientific postulate.

I am not going to pretend that I have a qualified opinion on this matter. What I personally dislike are those (from either viewpoint) that endeavour to brainwash others to believe their way is the only way. I was taught about evolution at school, I believe in my mind that it makes sense. I was taught about the Creation in Sunday School and church, and having learnt evolution it made then no sense to believe that the church was right. I have colleagues who believe strongly in the Creation, and after a while of listening to them, I merely pointed out that I didnt care for their preachings, and to please respect that I have my beliefs as I respect their right to theirs.