Examples of good to strangers...

sloth

Earlier today in a relatively busy street, across the road from an out of town bank, bakery, & little tesco, I saw a boxer dog. It was a fully grown , but obviously quite young still, and with two young girls. When I say with, I mean it was running back and forth across the road and jumping up and bouncing off their chests/backs while they ran screaming away from it. I stood for a moment to assess whether the owner of the dog was around, they weren't. I had my two young'us with me, so rushed them back to the car to my wife, and made of after the dog. Long story short I luckily bumped into a lady who thought she recognised the dog, and guided me to what did turn out to be the dogs home.

I was astounded that so many people could see quite clearly the girls were in distress and it was not their dog, and the dog could easily have been hit by a car, and yet they purposefully looked away or carried on walking to avoid helping!

So to restore my wounded faith in humanity feel free to share your stories of good to strangers here...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was skiing in December last 2 days got vertigo bad we went to a nearby resort for a change at the time I didn't know it was vertigo it come on on the bus ride there and weren't for leaving when we got to nearby resort I give my mate €50 for my lift pass why I stumbled into a cafe for some choc and a sugared coffee to see if that would sort me out (I only get sugar naturally from food) it didn't I sent the lads to do a run top to bottom still no difference I knew I couldn't ski so I caught the bus back to hotel but 1st I donated my pass to a local who had come to ski the day with his kid. Karma and all that.

Theres a remote stretch of road which always floods in heavy rain, sometimes up to four feet of water, and it gets progressively deeper. Tourists and even locals try to drive through it, thinking its not that deep. Every winter theres two or three cars get stuck and flooded, at night, and theres no cellphone coverage there or farms around. Theres usually a good social scene there, with distraught motorists huddling in the downpour, so I head out at each flood to rescue them and bring them back to the pub. Quite fun.

I once found a drunk old man laying in the snow, I carried him home and laid him on the couch. The following week i found him again laying at the same spot. I carried him home only for a enraged man to tell me to gtf as this old ####er doesn't live here. :laugh1:

Nice stories.

I slowed down in the car as I saw an old couple on a country lane on the verge looking at their car. I gave the thumbs up but they gave thumbs down so I pulled over. They had flattened not one but two tyres on the same massive pot hole. Ah well....i wasn't in a rush. So I changed one wheel for the spare...loaded it in my car and after making sure the lady was safe in the car I drove the man 5 mile to town to get the puncture fixed. Drove back...replaced the other tyre and put the flat in the boot so they could go straight back to the tyre shop. They insisted on stuffing £20 In my hand. Absolutely didn't do it for reward but as I was quite broke it was very welcome!!

Out of curiosity, why incline dumbbell?

It just works best for me.Ive been training for several years now and i only use exersises that work for me.

Incline dumbell press really gets a good stretch at the bottom of the movement and a you can bring the bells together with a supinated grip at the top of the movement allowing a maximally shortened muscle.Full range of motion is key to really targeting the pecs.

The triceps dont get a great secondary workout as a result of this in comparison to say a compound chest exersise like bench press but i work my triceps on a different day.