Kit ?

Nikk

Good evening everyone

Whilst I save my money for my courses, ideally I want to work for a company and learn and become part of a team. Could anyone tell me what items are classed as your kit?

Cheers Nick

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Good evening everyone

Whilst I save my money for my courses, ideally I want to work for a company and learn and become part of a team. Could anyone tell me what items are classed as your kit?

Cheers Nick

What you describe is an employee and as such all kit ought to be provided by the employer belongs to the employer.

Some items of PPE aren't readily transferable in as much as, they would need washing or a hygiene kit but if the employer bought it, its still his, not yours.

Some companies provide an allowance so the employee to make up the difference, for those who cannot manage without those diamante studded boots :laugh1:

Good evening everyone

Cheers Nick

Hi there, depends what you mean by "your kit" which could, potentially, include chainsaws / hedge trimmers etc. etc. but as far as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is concerned the relevant safety guides (see attached) give a good steer.

REMEMBER though as a 'hazard control' , PPE is a last resort, true safety is about what you do and how you do it, i.e. your safe working practices.

Cheers,

Paul

FISA-AA-301-Petrol-driven-chainsaws.pdf

afag401.pdf

Hi yes my mistake when I meant kit I should of said PPE trousers jacket boots safety visor and helmet and gloves, I've seen in some advert class 1 ? What's this mean ? Is there not a standard PPE kit or what.

Hi yes my mistake when I meant kit I should of said PPE trousers jacket boots safety visor and helmet and gloves, I've seen in some advert class 1 ? What's this mean ? Is there not a standard PPE kit or what.

The class refers to the chain speed the item is rated to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainsaw_safety_clothing