Depression

eggsarascal

Anyone else suffer with this bastard thing?

I'm really struggling with it at the moment, but can't understand why.

I've got most things that people would be happy with, a nice home, good missus, some money in the bank and enough work to get a few quid each week, but depression is really getting me down.

I had a spate of it many years ago when I had a serious illness, the doctor gave me some pills that made me feel like a zombie so I don't really want to go down that route again.

Any advice out there?

• Sad 1

It is like stress and creeps up on you leaving you feeling bloody awful. I suffered from stress much earlier in my life and still get a bit edgy now and then but am much more laid back now....but not in my work!!!!

Usually physical work, projects, focusing on something else that you like doing, just keeping very busy will help!

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

Anyone else suffer with this bastard thing?

I'm really struggling with it at the moment, but can't understand why.

I've got most things that people would be happy with, a nice home, good missus, some money in the bank and enough work to get a few quid each week, but depression is really getting me down.

I had a spate of it many years ago when I had a serious illness, the doctor gave me some pills that made me feel like a zombie so I don't really want to go down that route again.

Any advice out there?

Exercize works for me.Still get down sometimes,same as you mate no reason.comes and goes.

I really dont think happy pills help either.

Im more of an highs and lows though but only thing that helps me with the lows is the mountains or lifting weights at the gym.

Im pretty sure ive some sort of ptsd from my military days but im not sure.

I know this probably wont help you any but dont suffer alone.

Sometimes it helps to speak to a professional.

Dont suffer alone mate

• Sad 1

Very honest post eggs :thumbup1:

I get fed up and lose my motivation from time to time, but think I'm lucky that I don't get real depression. My mum has suffered from it for much of her life

breaking her neck and becoming a quadriplegic has not really helped.

When I am down I find physical exercise really helps, there are many days when I really don't feel like getting out of bed and going to work, but once I'm on site, up a tree, I feel 100% better.

Life ain't easy, hope you shoot the black dog real soon eggs :001_smile:

Edited by skyhuck
  • Like 1

Eggs,

I can only sympathize, since a streak of manic depression runs in my breeding, I was very bad a few years ago despite a v good supportive wife, happy healthy children and no money worries.

Sat in a chair and mostly stared blankly at a wall or out the window for about 6 months.

The local, mostly farming community, were very understanding since "there is a lot of it about"

The best I can offer is accept that it should go away, and sit it out, a few bright Spring days is all it will probably need to re-set your mojo.

good luck

marcus

• Like 1

I suffer with S.A.D so in winter it's hard to get motivated and going on a morning but as others have said once you do get going and out in the fresh air it gets easier.

Couple of years ago was very bad coinciding with my boy being very ill and a lot of hospital time and being wrongly told he would be lucky to last more than 3 years didn't help but having to look after my daughter helped as I had to get on.

Always resisted pills and frankly councilors just irritated me but going to the pool and swinging worked wounder as could just concentrate on my stroke and turns and nothing else almost giving my brain a rest.

Everyone finds there own way and so will you, hope it's soon bud. Take care.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Like 1

I suffer with S.A.D so in winter it's hard to get motivated and going on a morning but as others have said once you do get going and out in the fresh air it gets easier.

Couple of years ago was very bad coinciding with my boy being very ill and a lot of hospital time and being wrongly told he would be lucky to last more than 3 years didn't help but having to look after my daughter helped as I had to get on.

Always resisted pills and frankly councilors just irritated me but going to the pool and swinging worked wounder as could just concentrate on my stroke and turns and nothing else almost giving my brain a rest.

Everyone finds there own way and so will you, hope it's soon bud. Take care.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

:001_huh: Not sure my Mrs would sign that one off :001_huh: