"The Donald!"

wrsni

Tragedy struck 50yrs ago today.

[ame]

[/ame]

Philosophical words from his daughter, "If he had died a couple of weeks ago there would have been a few paragraphs in the Daily Telegraph. But here we are in 2017 talking about a hero that I still remember as a handsome young man."

Definitely a fearless generation. I watched a programme about Frank Wittle the other day. They were testing one of the first jet engine in a room. Suddenly the engine just went berserk, despite trying to lower the fuel flow, it was drawing drawing more and more fuel and was ready to explode. Everyone got out of there PDQ But not old Frank he stayed put. Hewanted to see what it was going to do so he could improve it. They definitely had big danglers

Definitely a fearless generation.

Not sure if fearless is correct, but there is definitely some sort of generational difference.

I'm late fifties, son early twenties. He's not a softie, he's been racing on two and four wheels since about 12 and had a few broken bones already, yet he's much more risk averse than I am even at my age.

I suppose given the culture we live in now it's just inevitable.

Not sure if fearless is correct, but there is definitely some sort of generational difference.

I'm late fifties, son early twenties. He's not a softie, he's been racing on two and four wheels since about 12 and had a few broken bones already, yet he's much more risk averse than I am even at my age.

I suppose given the culture we live in now it's just inevitable.

Look at rugby. The first line out, the first ruck, the first maul and the first six scrums were warfare. After that a game of rugby emerged. Now a massive hue and cry for a player swinging an arm

I could read a full book on Scot of the Arctic, but would struggle to read a pamphlet on this posh racer boy..

I will give him his due though, he was a brave fella thats for sure, then again there's plenty of those throw their lives away every year on the Isle of Man....

A bunch of reckless numpties... plenty to go round to keep the undertaker in business for decades....

Look at rugby. The first line out, the first ruck, the first maul and the first six scrums were warfare. After that a game of rugby emerged. Now a massive hue and cry for a player swinging an arm

I used to come home after "games day" at school battered black and blue,

...........and that was just from the teachers learning us how to play it!