Roof tiling

Guss109

As above I'm a joiner to trade but been out of it for a good while now. I'm doing an extension at home and got a leak so getting my lugs chewed by the wife to get it tiled and water tight so the question is how difficult is it and any advice to help me out

I'm continuing an existing roof just a bit worried about the new veluxs for getting the flashings right. But guess my hand is being forced as my tiler won't return calls and got a heavily pregnant wife complaining about the leak in the join between new and old roof 😮

I'm continuing an existing roof just a bit worried about the new veluxs for getting the flashings right. But guess my hand is being forced as my tiler won't return calls and got a heavily pregnant wife complaining about the leak in the join between new and old roof

I found the instructions on the velux were good, give it a go, what could possibly go wrong, ....

seriously the flashings do work well

Edited by farmer rod

hat could go wrong, hmmm months later water is pissing in and destroying the house, we dont know know your skill set. or you could fall off

hmm last week a saw an older lady looking at chainsaws, at the smaller end oh this seems too small, whats the biggest you have, ms391 oh thats too heavy, so she goes back to the small one as its cheapest, she is obviously a townie and not very component

. she did not get a chainsaw in the end as she wasnt able to lift it.

now this is just an example if people like the lady can pick up chainsaws what the point in having tree surgeons like the original poster. no offense

if the original poster has experience in the building trade and knows how to use tools, and hopefully he is then go right ahead, use a proper ladder though, borrow one if you have to, for safety's sake and read tutorials the top piece was just for the everyday lurker townie type.

Cheers will have to give it a go today as al I've heard is water dripping in all night. Just hope the rain stays of today and I don't get soaked again. Been about 8 years since I last helped the slater on a roof so fingers crossed it comes back to me

Assuming your using interlocking concrete tiles and extending an existing roof the just strip a bit of the existing roof to see how its done. Have a good look at the existing verge to get that right and maybe strip a row of existing tiles so you can run a stringline along an existing batten to give you the starting line for the new bit.

Maybe look to buy a seconhand scaffold tower and sell again when your done which will probably work out cheaper than hiring.

Good luck:)