Winch Rope Selection

TGB

I know it's not exactly off-topic but the equipment forum seems to be mainly grated toward machinery.

So. I hardly ever need to use a winch and when I do, I'm normally in the company of someone who has the gear. Now I've a need for a sideways pull and already have double pulleys, so am thinking a 5-way pull, (Not wire rope.) The pulleys' max. rope dia. Is 13mm but hoping to get recommendations of apx. 11mm or less. Won't need more than 50m.

Not really a winch rope your after more a pull rope you can add some pullys to to gain extra pull,

Something like this would probably do

http://m.gustharts.com/ca-eb-r1-10-20-050-p00-english-braids-10mm-x-50m/

I use it as a light zip line and its a nice rope.

Sent from my VF-795 using Arbtalk mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.