Why young un's don't stand a chance.

Goaty

I am constantly demoralised by what our society is churning out.

I just missed out on practical subjects at school as they binned metalwork, woodwork for talk about about it and write about it subjects instead for GCSE's.

I chose rural science as an option. Got called to the head of years office to be told it's for the poor performing students.

Fast forward 25 years. To keep employment figures up kids can't leave the bias of the education system which brainwashes them, do well here then go to the next level etc until university or even more university. Then turn out overqualified and useless to anyone.

Meanwhile they learn little stamina, pace, coordination skills. Left ever clueless what they want to do with life or a dreamy option that few realise. It's a social lifestyle choice

The legal system has made it non desirable to employ kids because the attitude is your after a cheap slave.

Meanwhile they dumb down like space explorers in hibernation transit to a distant outpost yoked up to the life sustaining/draining power of the fake reality provided by the http://www.com on electronic devices which they become dependant on for their wellbeing and security.

Only last weekend I got a box of Lego out for my plugged in nephews of 11 &14. What they made was utterly rubbish. I was making better stuff that you could tell what it was aged 6!!!

I realised both of these lads have spent hours watching others play minecraft on YouTube. It might be a good game I've never dared to try it. But it looks like duplo, a Lego stage I bypassed completely because, well it was limited. Lacked any stimulus sticking a block with a face on another chunky block.

I wanted wheels and to fly. Conquer the seas and space. I did it all before I was 10.

Also is this why went they play with toys they just smash em together repeatedly. Due to limited imagination development.

Then ever skint in a world of spiralling costs of motoring and home ownership after being sponsored by mummy and daddy, hormones kick in they have never had to work for something to appreciate its value, they "deserve" to live with lover even though neither can provide for living costs.

I think it all stinks. Taste work young acquire skills for life with enjoyment, self worth. I'm just glad I was born in August. Left school at 15 a month later and a whole year more of suffering would of been mine. Poor kids now get 2 years extra as standard. To few apprenticeships available. It's starting to look like them sci fi films from the 60s70s Solent green etc. Where people exist knowing and experiencing little in a managed society. If we were meant to be drone bees we would of been born in hives.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talkin to a kid in our yard the other day who's on one of these government sponsored training schemes...i noticed his boots were untied i said "better tie your laces mate "...his reply was i cant tie laces i wear velcroe strap trainers...ffs...really.

Seen the same kid just this week with no socks on,his chargehand said he forgot to put them on...

Little bit scarey init...

Is it down to parents? I work with a young lad now and again that was next door to useless when he first started for a company that I do some work for, he'd never been taught anything practical at home. He's now a cracking engineer after been shown how to do things by blokes that know no other way of earning a living apart from using their hands.

Nothing like a good rant about the world and the next generations coming up behind us..

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates.....

Seems to me, Goaty has reached the same level of frustration as the ancient Greeks did about their upcoming generation..

Only difference is, the ancient Greek children had to do without playing minecraft with their friends..

I was talkin to a kid in our yard the other day who's on one of these government sponsored training schemes...i noticed his boots were untied i said "better tie your laces mate "...his reply was i cant tie laces i wear velcroe strap trainers...ffs...really.

Seen the same kid just this week with no socks on,his chargehand said he forgot to put them on...

Little bit scarey init...

One of the young fellows that claims to work for me , apparently does not wear underpants at work, and of course has come in for a bit of leg pulling from the other youngsters about it since he joined us. Obviously it's no business of mine,but I can't help chuckling to myself when I see him walking around.

Ive been thinking a lot about this issue. I believe its a major societal problem in the making, but can be remedied in time, with social awareness and political will. There's a series called "Worlds Toughest Jobs" where they take three British layabout kids who want to get on in their lives but lack direction and motivation - they send them to do hard manual labour. Very interesting how they react. Very, very interesting experiment. I strongly recommend this series, I was absolutely fascinated.

[ame]

[/ame]

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers...

100% this.

I fail to understand why 50 or 60% of the kids leaving school today need a degree, and even worse need in degree in media studies (switching on the telly or doing facebook), fashion (putting on matching shoes and a shirt), tourism (knowing the difference between a castle and a theme park), hospitality (making a cup of tea) and some other silly ones. The trouble is that Universities are all businesses now instead of seats of learning and have to maximise their income. Selling silly degrees to kids who can barely tie their shoes brings in good money. At least in Scotland they dont need to pay nine grand a year for the privilige.

Hundreds of thousands of kids a year getting into massive debt to fund their education isnt a good way for our society to invest in the future. Proper apprenticeships, with day or block release will give any young person a good grounding in what ever subject they wish to pursue. Least my first 2 have picked subjects with good employment prospects, web coding and social work. Both them by the way have funded their own way by working part time during term and full time during the holidays and I havent had to put my hand in my pocket apart from maybe transport duties when there has been some awkward shift times. Proud of them both.