The Globalist Mindset

jomoco

While reading this article written from a Japanese tiny island nation perspective on the merits of globalized 'free trade', I couldn't help but think of my distant UK cousins, who have rather bravely in my opinion, thrown a well deserved wrench in the gears of chasing cheap labor internationally, at the expense of your nation's most vulnerable laboring class. Kinduva pick on the poorest amongst us

so a handful amoral corp's profits are guaranteed.

The future of globalism stands at a crossroads | The Japan Times

Now bear in mind that this dude's globalist mindset's exactly that of Obama, the Clinton's and the Bushes.

I'm an old school trade kinda guy that longs for the days when we limited trade to those countries with matching or superior rights n labor standards than our own.

There's a glaring and vital distinction to be made between free trade, and fair trade, in my humble opinion.

Fair trade has historic precedent to be gauged by.

Whereas free trade's resulted in an explosion of homelessness, and plummeting living standards in both the US and UK.

Shall we raise the world's standard of living by exploiting the most vulnerable strata of our fellow citizens mates?

Jomoco

The last paragraph in the Japan Times article blew it wide open. Japan feels that globalism is vital to maintaining its supply of commodities, which it cannot produce foritself. Consequently, they fear the outcomeof the Brexit vote,the possible collapse of TPP talks and the possible turning-inwards of American foreign policy.

My personal opinion is that TPP would benefit only big business and not the common man. Less involvement of the US in affairs outside its borders might be a good thing, just so long as we can stop other headstrong nations stepping into the vacancy. In fact, maybe countries should intervene less politically in other countries. Both world wars began as a consequence of countries intervening in each other's political affairs. Now, if Japan and China come to blows over the South China Sea, the US is obliged by treaty to back Japan. The battle lines for WW3 are already being drawn up.

The most disheartening and frustrating aspect of this globalization era from a political perspective?

The election of Obama in 08, ostensibly as a repudiation of staying the course GWB had put us on to such disastrous effect.

But low and behold, Obama was totally down with US job killing FTA's, and the normalization of never ending wars for profit continuing and broadening in scope.

God help us if Hillary n Bill take office....

Jomoco

I'm not convinced that Trump's not part of the Globalist scheme to make dang sure Hillary gets elected!

He used to kiss her butt for gain quite ardently!

I'm leaning toward doing what Bernie should've done, remain true to your principles by jumping ship and joining the Green Party.

Anything to bust up the entrenched establishment powers that be, currently selling American livelihoods on the overseas markets for forty cents on the dollar.

I enjoyed watching Chris Hedges tear Robert Reich a new one on Democracy Now, very much my sentiments exactly!

Jomoco

• 1 month later...

I think few would argue there aren't two sides, to views of every news story.

The US once had The Fairness Doctrine to insure every federally licensed broadcaster gave free airtime to opposing views and opinions, or lose their broadcast licenses.

Legislated out of existence during the raygun era, for a reason, it's far easier to hate a contrived enemy, the less you know about them, their lives, their justifications for fighting with any means at hand, to expell perceived invaders of their countries, wielding superior technology with deadly precision.

Whether globalist ambitions are good or bad's still a hotly debated question, far from any peaceful resolution IMO.

This link provides an opinion on the globalist mindset that's rather sinister, but shared by many nonetheless.

Globalism Is Anti-Christ, Demonic, Theologians Argue

Jomoco

Agreed, its evil. If you define evil as the opposite of what normal traditional morality holds to be good. If you feel that traditional ethics and norms are evil, then I guess the NWO looks pretty good. At least the brochure does. The reality, not so much. I used to be for the downfall of western civilisation, nihilism, give it all back to the africans etc etc. Simple indoctrination. Gradually grew up and realised that prosperity, borders, ownership are good things.

The whole globalist agenda stems from Thosophy, Madame Blavatsky, the Great White Lodge and all that stuff. The UN is the front for a bunch of loonie Theosophists. The last time they attempted to take over the west, they tried to do it by inoculating a new religion - they thought they had found the reincarnation of Jesus in India, a 9 year old peasant boy, Jiddu Krishnamurti. They groomed him to be the new age messiah, but when he came of age, he came out publicly and told everyone that he was NOT the messiah! (but he was not a naughty boy either, nice guy actually)

Thist time they are trying the political rout, and Obama is their guy. Soon to fail also.

You won't get air time if you are outside the nwo. What you see on that hypnotic box is in the agenda no matter how strange it looks. The bastards pretend the left arm fight the right arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Agreed, as far as former election go, but I think its different this time. Why has 90% of the news media committed to sabotaging Trump and covering for Clinton? 99% of Hollywood A-List begging their fans to not vote for him? All the billionaires against him?