More Low Life gutter crawling Con Men

IVECOKID

Todays one of my older Customers (91) broke down in tears when she opened door , yesterday at 2.20 pm 2 young lads and a bloke started weeding her path ( I had sprayed Roundup 3 weeks ago) before telling her or asking then took £500 pound off her, £250 she had and then £250 out cash till at shops 50 yards away . Same gang 2 years ago and she fell for the scam again , some may ask why she not ask or shout for help ,after watching the cctv from a house across the road they went in side her house and were intimidating towards her . No reg plate showing up on Camera and they removed her deceased Husband tools from garage and they were in less then a hour . Police cant do anything without Reg numbers etc, short wheelbase Transit and all wearing Shorts .This lady is frightened of telling her family (son) has he has threatened to put her in a home after last time so I have offered to put a Dummy cctv Camera up and hidden one of my Wildlife camera's has they have said they are coming back next week . What a nightmare and Dilemma!

I have it on good authority that this scum get a hard time if they get locked up.....by the criminals that do REAL crime. A strange retribution but nice to hear:thumbup:

I guess they will get caught at some stage but feel sorry for these oldies who struggle to get through life with all the normal issues that face them not helped by these criminals!

I have offered to put a Dummy cctv Camera up and hidden one of my Wildlife camera's has they have said they are coming back next week

You have probably done all you can in the immediate term. Just make sure that the camera has a good shot of the house frontage, perhaps even looking along the pavement somehow so you can capture the number plate.

Going forward, you could also ask neighbours across the road or next door if you can secrete a camera on their property for a better view as the scum are less likely to be looking at other properties for cameras pointing in. Of course, also ask all immediate neighbours to keep an eye out and note down any registrations they are suspicious of.

Is it a neighbourhood watch area? I think this site can be used to find out - If it is it would be useful to discuss with the local coordinator too.

Just trying to offer some practical solutions here. I don't want to write what I would do to them if I caught them in the act.