Cops in America

stihlmadasever

What the hell is goin on in America??

First there are news reports and a video of cops shooting black guys who are posing no threat,one of the guys was getting his ID out at the request of the police officer and got shot anyway,then another who was under restraint got shot in the chest.

Now we have people protest marching,confronting Dallas police officers,snipers shooting white police officers.

Its mayhem

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard that news report and video of the cops yesterday, it is blatantly clear that these cops have a major problem. It's beyond paranoia. It defies any sensible weapon discipline too. Five plus rounds into someone cooperating and reaching for ID. I almost felt I couldn't blame the retaliations this morning; no excuse I know. I hadn't paid loads of attention to this issue but those shootings yesterday, makes me rage.

Just read the headlines about the sniper killing 5 Dallas police officers, than killing himself just before he is captured. The latter is typical of this senerio for lone gunman of late in the USA. The two other shootings took place in Minnesota and Louisiana. Both are under investigation. Best I can tell the person in Louisiana was a bad know criminal with a lengthy wrap sheet. I believe he was ordered to stop by the police and he choose death by lead poisoning. The shooting in Minnesota is for now based on first hand account of a female recording the event and posting on social media. I have only heard the audio of this encounter. The govenor of Minnesota has already poisoned the potential jury pool by making inflammatory statements outside the governors house before the media and protestors. Until all sides of these shootings have been investigated I will only comment on what I believe is the truth and not media hype and hysteria. The media in the USA is very selective when it comes to reporting and presenting sensational stories of violence and crime. In nearly all cases the Jack ass party and its masses of asses supporters are in charge of the local or state governments and the police from the local level to the state and federal levels have their hands tied due to PC Crap and laws not being enforced.

There are solutions to problems across my country, however as long as the powers to be continue to ignore or selectively enforce laws and sentencing rules will have more of the same.

easy-lift guy

It sure is a mess. TBH I don't know why some tragedy like Dallas hasn't happened before; do you know how many blacks have been shot by Police in the States this year (it's only July)?

How does that compare against all deaths by police. It seems a lot but it's less than 3 per state. What's the population of the USA and how does the population actually break down by colour.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the media can be very selective in their reporting and use of statistics.

"Prevalence of Police-Related Killings

•This suggests yearly averages of:

◦372 persons killed each year by police use of force

•Compare this to these additional averages:

◦35,900 persons killed each year in the U.S. in motor vehicle accidents*

◦38,364 persons commit suicide in the U.S. each year**

◦373 persons are struck by lightning in the U.S. each year***"

CRIM6100 Metropolitan Problems in Criminal Justice

The relative murder rates of blacks versus whites in America is horrendous... blacks are 7 times more likely to murder than whites.... obviously things like poverty have something to do with it, but even so....

"In 2012, white males were 38 percent of the population and committed 4,582 murders. That same year, black males were just 6.6 percent of the population but committed a staggering 5,531 murders."

5 Devastating Facts About Black-on-Black Crime - Breitbart

How does that compare against all deaths by police. It seems a lot but it's less than 3 per state. What's the population of the USA and how does the population actually break down by colour.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the media can be very selective in their reporting and use of statistics.

Very true Gary. Last US Census 320+ million. The poverty pimps will be racking up the frequent flyer miles this year for sure. If skin color has anything to do with shootings one will note when white lawn enforcement is gunned down by black criminals the black protestors do not exist. When white police or citizens attack or kill black or to a lesser extent darker skinned persons it's the end of the world, and the media sounds the trumpets for the pigs to line up to be fed.

Double standard, you bet. The race card has been played big time in my country over the last 40 years and the media has been right there everytime.

Last 8 years have been increditable with the master dealer at the top dealing a stacked deck on ever hand delt.

easy-lift guy