Dad Ripped of by ..........

Stubby

There is or was a small tree at the bottom of my 92 year old Dads garden . It started to flush this spring but gave up and died ( like a Robinia but without the thorns ) I discussed it with him several times saying I could remove it if he wanted but we agreed it was not a problem and the birds sit in it before coming to the feeders so we would leave it . Today i find twigs and brash all in the driveway , all along the side of the house and all over the back lawn . Some one has felled it onto the lawn , dragged the trunk out and left all the crap . I look in his cheque book and he has paid " Alfie Smith " £130 for what must have taken all of 8 minutes . My piss is boiling . What worries me more is now they know he is a soft touch they may be back . I have told him not to answer the door to anyone who he does not know .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is or was a small tree at the bottom of my 92 year old Dads garden . It started to flush this spring but gave up and died ( like a Robinia but without the thorns ) I discussed it with him several times saying I could remove it if he wanted but we agreed it was not a problem and the birds sit in it before coming to the feeders so we would leave it . Today i find twigs and brash all in the driveway , all along the side of the house and all over the back lawn . Some one has felled it onto the lawn , dragged the trunk out and left all the crap . I look in his cheque book and he has paid " Alfie Smith " £130 for what must have taken all of 8 minutes . My piss is boiling . What worries me more is now they know he is a soft touch they may be back . I have told him not to answer the door to anyone who he does not know .

have you stopped the cheque

have you stopped the cheque

By the time I discovered it the bank was shut . I cant be there all the time and if the cheque bounces they could be back all chunky . My Dad is 92 and cant walk without a frame . I don't want him to have to confront them .

I would be more annoyed that some Caravan Utilising Nomadic Tree Surgeon has had the cheek to cold call and talk the old boy into something he clearly did not want doing. Track them down Stubby and call the police.

Bob

I would be more annoyed that some Caravan Utilising Nomadic Tree Surgeon has had the cheek to cold call and talk the old boy into something he clearly did not want doing. Track them down Stubby and call the police.

Bob

Been to the police . They gave me a sticker to put on his door .

Bob

bob

& what do you think them usless tossers would do ??

So sorry to hear this but unfortunately I come across this on a weekly basis with my older Garden maintenance Customers and has much has I try to educate them about Lets say "Rouge Traders" it falls on death ears , if its any consolation your Farther got of lightly no offence, have many old Dears taken for literally Hundreds and Police have no powers what so ever .

Ste