I.O.M. Senoir TT

Stubby

Any one watch the senior this year ? Micheal Dunlop was untouchable . The old warrior J. M. manage to bag third with some typical Honda fast pit stops . Outstanding road racing this year with some 133mph+ average speed laps .

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any one watch the senior this year ? Micheal Dunlop was untouchable . The old warrior J. M. manage to bag third with some typical Honda fast pit stops . Outstanding road racing this year with some 133mph+ average speed laps .

Yes been watching it...amazing bottle those guys have...take my hat of to Ian Hutchinson what a rider...nearly died a couple of years ago and come back last year won 4 races and unstoppable this year.congrats to all who take part and very sad that 5 riders have lost there lives this year. Doubt they would want to meet there maker any other way. No consolation to there families I know.

Morning Mr Shires. Rossi had a sneaky visit to the TT a few years ago. When the interviewer ask if he would ever have a go Rossi didn't mind saying not a chance :biggrin:

How do....it's a different kind of racing...the guys who do the TT couldn't compete with the moto GP lads...short sharp circuit racing as opposed to 37miles. All fab to watch and miles better then the formula one stuff.oopps have I just opened up a can of worms...? Better get back to doing my quotes.

No can of worms opened there Wayne . Perfectly smooth circuits large run off areas and computer designed safety barriers versus bumpy roads no run offs and stone walls and houses. I know where I would prefer to crash :biggrin: and yep get back to your quoting

No can of worms opened there Wayne . Perfectly smooth circuits large run off areas and computer designed safety barriers versus bumpy roads no run offs and stone walls and houses. I know where I would prefer to crash :biggrin: and yep get back to your quoting

So you backing TT rather then moto GP then?.... They are both bloody so brave...just amazing how fast they go....would love to be on the back of one going round the TT circuit.....ha ha...not even in my dreams I would like to do that.no chance.

Nothing track based comes close to the TT for excitement from a spectator's point of view. Anything motorbike based is leagues ahead of the monotony of a formula 1 procession nowadays imo - everything about F1 is sterile and soul less. MotoGP is ace, the riders are incredible! However, those that participate in road racing are proper balls-to-the-wall committed lunatics and I would recommend everyone should go and watch it (even if you have no interest in bikes or motorsport in general you would struggle to not be blown away seeing bikes pass you within arms length with no barriers other than the odd stone wall/barbed wire fence at 170mph plus on bumpy country roads! It is MEGA!!!

I'm not really into bikes, I prefer formula 1 myself (which is brilliant this year), but the tt is something I always make an effort to watch. It's amazing how the times are still dropping.