Palax KS35 sawdust extractor

Wee Jim

Right I have a Palax KS35 ergo and I have been hiking about making fabricating something that could run off the tractor electric supply like a 12v fan that can catch and blow the sawdust into bulk bags. Has anyone done this before? Kinda surprised this is not an option from Palax.

It may seem nuts but how do you guys bag your sawdust? I can easy get rid of it if bagged just need an easy solution to bag it.

Have given some thought to purchasing a 240v sawdust extractor and replacing the motor with a small honda engine. Reckon the whole thing would cost around £4-500.

Shovelling sawdust is about the most non productive thing I can think of, but until I can get my head round spending dosh on something that earns nothing extra in a day it's the way I'll do it

We just got a Tajfun extractor, it runs off the mains though. I haven't had time to get anything welded up but I want to make a frame for a tote bag with a holder above to put the pipe from the extractor into.

This is the only picture I have from when I was trying ideas.

DSC_1005.jpg.768af727b75280d013f1480f5fca435a.jpg

Normal 12 volt systems wouldn't be powerful enough. I know that there are some hydraulic blowers out there that run with the processor, otherwise you're heading towards a bit of bodgineering to make something with a Billy Goat leaf sucker or putting a vertical shaft mower engine on a workshop extractor unit?

I have a sawdust extractor that runs of electric and then has a shoot to put into bags etc that I don't really use as I just biomass it all now could post some pics if anybody is looking to buy

If we had that set up, we'd be hounded to hell by the horse girls wanting the dust!!!!