stihl 2 stroke oils again?

shillo

So have i got this right?

stihl ultra for any 4mix engine?

stihl red for any 2 mix engine?

I've used stihl red for years in all my gear with no problems but my 441 and km130 are constantly in and out of the dealers, they have only just said that i should be using the ultra oil after 2 years of me moaning about them running badly and need valve adjusting every 2 weeks!

is the ultra ok to use in the older 2mix engines?

do i have to carry 2 cans with me?

441 keeps stalling at idle, dealers keep just cleaning the carb out and randomly charging me between 20 and 70 for it. they now say that ultra might cure this problem too.

So have i got this right?

stihl ultra for any 4mix engine?

stihl red for any 2 mix engine?

I've used stihl red for years in all my gear with no problems but my 441 and km130 are constantly in and out of the dealers, they have only just said that i should be using the ultra oil after 2 years of me moaning about them running badly and need valve adjusting every 2 weeks!

is the ultra ok to use in the older 2mix engines?

do i have to carry 2 cans with me?

441 keeps stalling at idle, dealers keep just cleaning the carb out and randomly charging me between 20 and 70 for it. they now say that ultra might cure this problem too.

Stihl recommend HP Super for 4 mix not Ultra , had a few issues with modern saws not liking HP red

Edited by njm
more info

so why are they recommending the ultra for?

From Stihl uk

HP Super

Semi-synthetic oil with low-ash additives for clean low-smoke burning. 'Low-smoke oil' performance class: JASO-FD, ISO-L-EGD. Fuel/oil ratio: 50:1. Particularly recommended for STIHL 4-MIX engines.

I personally only use and sell this for 4 mix engines ..

Not the only one to be told that red would do for my km130. Quickly switched to Stihl Super and not had any problems since(touch wood).

Once I had finished with the red in my other machines I now use the super for all 2 stroke kit ( including my huskies) as I couldn't be bothered keeping all the different flavours of fuel.

• Like 1