Liquid/glue type metal welding products?

cessna

I need to repair a hairline crack on the hyd oil tank on my Japa 2100 firewood processor. Would the epoxy liquid/glue type metal crack repairing products be any good for the above problem or should I bite the bullet steam the tank out and get it welded properly? Tank capacity 40ltrs. I need to get problem fixed ASAP for obvious reasons. Thanks in advance for any replies.

don't waste your time get it welded the chance of getting the oil cleaned out to carry out a repair is slim if it does seal i wouldn't think it will last as the combination of heat expansion and oil thrown into the mix doesn't make for a long lasting repair save your money for a welded repair

on the other hand........

~I had a power steering return pipe with a split and needed to get it sorted quickly, so I crammed epoxy in the split to bung it up, then cleaned it off carefully and put another layer over the whole job and it lasted for years,

some of this glue is amazing, most of the time Im with the " get it welded" school, you never know till you try