Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

I am in the market for an alpine tractor. It will be for personal use only, bit of mowing, bit of firewood extraction and processing, bit of snow clearing, bit of rotovating the veg patch ! Will probably only see 3-400 hours use a year. I am going to buy new, and have about a 10k budget, so looking at one of the smaller ones, 30-35hp.

The AGT ones look very basic which is appealing for reliability and futureproofing. The Carrera ones look a lot more refined, but not everything I have read on the internet is good with reference to reliability. The AGT is articulated steering and the Carrera is front steering only.

If it was your money and you were going to buy this type of tractor, which one would you buy and why ?

I've only had it 6 months (from new) but it's been straight forward and no issues so far. They are pretty simple and you can get at all the gubbins should you need to.

I guess it down to personal circumstance but probably best to get the maximum HP you can. I get on well with my one but often wonder if I should have gone for the 860 and it's extra 33hp. If you are doing a lot of mowing/flailing the bigger the extra would enable you to run a much wider flail amd probably run it a higher gear too.

I would like a reverse drive, but I dont want to spend that much. I can get a new AGT835 in Europe for 10k (I am VAT registered, so wont pay the VAT)

I have a compact now, and it is fine for mowing, and running the splitter, but it is rubbish in the woods. I will sell the compact to help fund the new one. I will build a timber trailer with a crane for it, and they look ideal for this. I want to buy new, and I dont want anything Chinese. I have a bobcat also, so I dont need a loader.

My gut reaction from looking around the internet was the AGT, so it is good to hear good things about them.