Rock 12 ton petrol log splitter?

Big T

Anyone have any experience of the rock 12 ton petrol log splitter? I know their 22 ton machine has a good reputation but it's out of my price range. The 12 ton looks ok but it's only about 18" off the ground so might mount it on a small trailer chassis to make it a more comfortable working height. Anyone used one? Can't find a video of it working.

It's the one I was going to go for, but they didn't have any in stock, so much to my wife's annoyance, I splashed out and bought the 22T version instead - and glad I did. If the build quality on the 12T is the same as the 22T, it'll be a great machine. B&S vanguard engine, which is reliable and very good on fuel. And 12T should be enough to sort most logs. Just keep your eye on the hydraulic oil reservoir filler screw, and the hoses, and both came loose and I lost a bit of oil. My fault - should have checked them.

Anyone have any experience of the rock 12 ton petrol log splitter? I know their 22 ton machine has a good reputation but it's out of my price range. The 12 ton looks ok but it's only about 18" off the ground so might mount it on a small trailer chassis to make it a more comfortable working height. Anyone used one? Can't find a video of it working.

Hi BIG my Brother has a 22 ton one that he had a sale only done about will borrow full of wood do not know why you bought it thanks Jon

I've got one that has been sitting around at the workshop. It has a problem with the hydraulic pump which reduces the pressure when warmed up. I'm sure it is repairable but I know hire in a processor to cut my firewood.

Any one interested pm me an offer?

Hi BIG my Brother has a 22 ton one that he had a sale only done about will borrow full of wood do not know why you bought it thanks Jon

Jon - some of your sentences should be on the internet - "If you can read this, you are one of the top 2% in the country"!!!