Stihl hl100 extension pole?

V6 WRA

Morning,

Currently using hl100 as longest reach hedge cutter.

Could really do with an extra 50 or 100cm reach on some of the more ridiculous hedges.

Now stihl don't do an extension, I'm guessing so that you have to buy a whole multi system, but this will cost over £700 just to get a bit more reach.

I am just wondering if anyone has come up with any ways to extend their hl100 at all?

Many thanks in advance

Ah so I could order the shaft from a combi as a part and attach to the hl engine unit ok?

I have a ht131, did think about trying to put the head on that but wasn't sure if would fit or if would damage the extension section at all? or buy a new head so can easily swap from hl to ht when need the reach..

Many thanks for the replies

Use mine loades like that and when quizzing tech guys at the show they said the saw head puts the most strain on any pole system out of any of the attachments.

stihl dont recommed using trimmer on the pole saw as it twist the internal drive shaft & shears off,as my mate found out,

stihl dont recommed using trimmer on the pole saw as it twist the internal drive shaft & shears off,as my mate found out,

I have to agree with Johnny on that one!! Nick Taylor john has knackered two shafts using the hedge trimmer head!

Thats the opposite to what I was always told. The trimmer head being the worst to use on the extendable poles.

That's what I was told too Steve.. The guys at fr jones didn't recommend putting a hedgecutter head on a pole saw. There must be something true about it or surely stihl would have marketed a hedgecutter with that sort of reach?

I remember years ago Andy Collins using the companies echo poles to do a horrible hedge we had each year. It was the 2 section extendable unit but also had an extra pole extension on the end. It was a beast to use and i'll openly admit Andy was probably the only one on the crew strong enough to use it any amount of time....but anyway, it sheared the clutch I believe, and after a phone call to Echo we were told that the extension pole was only to be used with the chainsaw attachment for that reason.