Carb setting help please

mike68

I wonder if anyone could help me ?

A "friend" has got hold of a Homelite d3850b chainsaw and apart from it being what it is , it has issues running. It starts but does not run as he puts it .

I have tried an internet search for a service manual which has proved fruitless but wondered if anyone here might know the carb settings for this model?

Please pm me if you are embarrassed about posting publicly:blushing:

Many thanks

Mike

I wonder if anyone could help me ?

A "friend" has got hold of a Homelite d3850b chainsaw and apart from it being what it is , it has issues running. It starts but does not run as he puts it .

I have tried an internet search for a service manual which has proved fruitless but wondered if anyone here might know the carb settings for this model?

Please pm me if you are embarrassed about posting publicly:blushing:

Many thanks

Mike

You will need a splined carb adjustment tool, try one turn out on both screws.

I typed a reply to this but it sounded discouraging but here goes anyway.

A friend of mine had a Homelite saw given him and it would only run flat out. I tried adjusting the carb but it made no difference apart from stopping it from running altogether. It was not worth pursuing any further so I just got it back to running flat out and it got thrown in the back of his shed. Screw the tick over screw in to speed it up then set the H and L screws to about one and a quarter turns out from shut then re-adjust the tick over. I had to take some limiters off his and the screw heads were pac man type I think.