Was there a new 261 revealed at the Arb show?

dsearle

Few lads from college went and said they have brought out a new 201 and 261. College got given one of each but I didn't get to try either before I left. Those who did though said they were noticeable better. Anyone else tried the new ones and if so are they at the dealers yet?

Few lads from college went and said they have brought out a new 201 and 261. College got given one of each but I didn't get to try either before I left. Those who did though said they were noticeable better. Anyone else tried the new ones and if so are they at the dealers yet?

New 201 Mtronic is a lively beast and very very nice. As for a 261 they cant make it worse.

As a sensible reply, I very recently bought a 2015 MS261. Was in very two minds to do so as I used the original and we all know about them, don't we!!! So took the risk and I have to say Stihl has turned this saw around. A very powerful zippy quick saw. Hope this helps?

As a sensible reply, I very recently bought a 2015 MS261. Was in very two minds to do so as I used the original and we all know about them, don't we!!! So took the risk and I have to say Stihl has turned this saw around. A very powerful zippy quick saw. Hope this helps?

Totally agree. I have had exactly the same experience.

It is only useful to post comments about saws if you have taken the time to try them out properly not handled them for five minutes at a dealers. (almost a rant :001_tt2:)

I have done exactly the same thing. My 2012 261 did have all the classic clutch problems. But to be honest has outlasted and been more reliable than a 550 would have been. The 2015 261 I bought a while ago on a 13 or 15 is very fast, light and is a great saw. The revs pick up a hell of a lot quicker than my last one.