Chainsaw trousers - Stihl, Oregon or Husqvarna?

Taiga261

Hi all - first post here on arbtalk.

I'm looking into a career of Woodland Management/Forestry after completing two voluntary internships involving woodland conservation and tree-felling.

I've been wearing a pair of Stihl Hi-Flex design A class 1 trousers for the last 6 months. I find them comfortable, warm and pretty resistant to thorns and brambles, however not particularly breathable in less cold weather.

HIFLEX Trousers, design A / class 1 - Anthracite / orange / black - these trousers.

I may have to return them to the place I've just finished working at, if I cannot buy them, and am looking into other options.

Ideally, I'd like something between £100 and £130 - £150 max. And those same Stihls are 200 quid at a local supplier too. It's too much.

I was recommended Oregon Fiordland trousers by another supplier but after reading some critical opinions of them here, that's made me sceptical, and it seems Oregon Waipoua Trousers are a better bet.

There are cheaper Stihl trousers for around £100 but I was told they're budget trousers for occasional firewood-processing which aren't what I want.

What about Husqvarna - Any breathable Husqvarna trousers under £150? What do people suggest?

Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try these Sip's, they are really comfortable, breathable in warm weather but warm enough in the winter.

They are quite well fitted so dont snag on brash ect whilst working in forestry.

https://honeybros.com/Item/SIP_Innovation_II_Standard_Black_Design_A

I expect a few guys will suggest these, they are great value for money.

Hi all - first post here on arbtalk.

I'm looking into a career of Woodland Management/Forestry after completing two voluntary internships involving woodland conservation and tree-felling.

I've been wearing a pair of Stihl Hi-Flex design A class 1 trousers for the last 6 months. I find them comfortable, warm and pretty resistant to thorns and brambles, however not particularly breathable in less cold weather.

HIFLEX Trousers, design A / class 1 - Anthracite / orange / black - these trousers.

I may have to return them to the place I've just finished working at, if I cannot buy them, and am looking into other options.

Ideally, I'd like something between £100 and £130 - £150 max. And those same Stihls are 200 quid at a local supplier too. It's too much.

I was recommended Oregon Fiordland trousers by another supplier but after reading some critical opinions of them here, that's made me sceptical, and it seems Oregon Waipoua Trousers are a better bet.

There are cheaper Stihl trousers for around £100 but I was told they're budget trousers for occasional firewood-processing which aren't what I want.

What about Husqvarna - Any breathable Husqvarna trousers under £150? What do people suggest?

Thanks

Arbourtech breathflex. Are awesome and I've had the lot. And they look real smart:thumbup:

I have a pair of the red Strauss ones but bit on the heavy side for climbing.but real nice.

I cant climb with this hip. Mine are red, missus would not let buy blue ones. Not bad price, inc vat n del. It was a toss up between them and red sip. About as much as i could afford.