Wheel bearing heavy machinery query

Wood wasp

There's a bit of play in one of hubs on my forwarder. I inspected it with a view to tightening up bearing but the cap appears to have been welded on. This style of hub is not really something I have much experience with so not sure how best to approach it, I'd be annoyed if I ground off weld and still couldn't tighten bearing.

Anyone got experience of these or any suggestions?ImageUploadedByArbtalk1423862478.823452.jpg.b095b07282d4d2249107ec7d0be81311.jpg

Thanks in advance for any assistance

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1423862353.919207.jpg.0f3ba50c8f55cbfdb4711808fcb2957a.jpg

its not a bearing cap its where the shaft is weld onto the hub to tighten up the bearing i presume you have to remove the wheel take out the ring of bolts and remove the entire hub in the back of it i would expect to find an adjuster or a shim pack to preload it.is it on a driven axle as it could be chain drive like you get on the graders i would also expect the bogeys to be filled with oil so have something to catch it

heres a spindle similar from a 35ton artic dumper that was sent over last friday from the isle of man to get repaired the thread was damaged when they screwed the nut off. it was m120 x 1.5mm pitch to get it off they had the multiplier at 6000 lb/ft and it wouldn't go so they cut the nut

Thanks BB, what you're saying re tightening from the rear ties in with what I was hoping. The wheel is driven, it's on an oscillating bogie so I can jack it up to limiter so that oil runs to other side.

Many thanks for taking time to respond.

Edit: not sure if chain or gear driven