Chipper help... Jenson

SPC Trees

Been doing LOTS of research into chippers for my next one and come across this:

2005 jensen 530,

500 hrs cracking original condition, spare wheel on (optional extra!) Just had new brake shoes, cables, hitch damper and damper sleeve. Spare blades. £7500

Iv seen the pics and it looks in decent knick....! Anybody wana push me over the edge or give me a reason not to commit... It's either this or pay 2 grand more for a Schliesing with approx 1000 hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta,

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finding a well maintained chipper is the first thing, not sure why it needed all those chassis spares if its in as good condition as you say but then it's 10 yrs old. 500hrs is not a lot really at all.

I have had mine a couple of yrs and no breakdowns only servicing, works well for what I use it for.

Been doing LOTS of research into chippers for my next one and come across this:

2005 jensen 530,

500 hrs cracking original condition, spare wheel on (optional extra!) Just had new brake shoes, cables, hitch damper and damper sleeve. Spare blades. £7500

Iv seen the pics and it looks in decent knick....! Anybody wana push me over the edge or give me a reason not to commit... It's either this or pay 2 grand more for a Schliesing with approx 1000 hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta,

Where you finding these decent chippers?

Hmmm... Ok thanks for heads up. They both seem to have great reviews and not many have a bad word to say about the German beast Schliesing...

Any more opinions would be gratefully received...

I put a wanted add on Gumtree and got a few responses ;-)

Edited by SPC Trees

Well other than paperwork there isn't much way of proving it.

If it's been serviced by a dealer the customer should have service invoices with recorded hours through its life. If the owner doesn't have them the dealer should be able to print them.

It's so damn easy to change an hour clock, it could of failed 5 years ago, a new one fitted and racked up 500 hours since (not uncommon) we have had to change failed hour clocks before now on machinery but write + xxx hours in marker next to it so they can be calculated.

Not saying it's not legit however, just be careful.

No matter what the make or model, get the serial number and refer back to the current supplier who should be able to tell you the year and whether it has been listed as stolen. As previously stated, the hours may well be low so see if the rotor and chip chamber look relatively clean and unbattered as does the rollers and indeed chute. Light use will show light wear.....