Sthil hi flex and short people

cheesmanator

So, was wondering if there's any other climbers or groundies with this issues.

I am what is know in the industry as a short arse. 5'6", 5'7" if he Suns out and I've eaten my weetabix. Am having what to be honest is a comical situation at work at the moment. So, with being a short arse comes the inherent problem of little legs. So I've been given yet another set of sthil hi flex trousers which I keep splitting the arse/crotch area. Now I've done the math and this is what I have found out. I have a little legs, 26" inside leg, sthil togs measure in at 31.5 in the leg. Now my employer can't seem to register that there is a difference there. I have told them that this has been a common problem with these for me and have gone through so many pairs due to this. What would be the solution in everyone's eyes? To keep getting the same pair repaired or just get a pair with a short leg. Be reminded that this is a local authority I now work for and the money isn't an issue (told from a meeting I had about this very matter). They have suggested speaking with sthil or the retailer being Jones, I laughed as I could not understand how me telling them my leg size was the issue wasn't sinking in. Am I I being crazy about this or should I put up and shut up about the whole thing? Considering I have tried the stupid braces things and they keep falling off while climbing and wearing a belt under a harness diggs in like a mofo. Also three times split bum in less than six months.

So, was wondering if there's any other climbers or groundies with this issues.

I am what is know in the industry as a short arse. 5'6", 5'7" if he Suns out and I've eaten my weetabix. Am having what to be honest is a comical situation at work at the moment. So, with being a short arse comes the inherent problem of little legs. So I've been given yet another set of sthil hi flex trousers which I keep splitting the arse/crotch area. Now I've done the math and this is what I have found out. I have a little legs, 26" inside leg, sthil togs measure in at 31.5 in the leg. Now my employer can't seem to register that there is a difference there. I have told them that this has been a common problem with these for me and have gone through so many pairs due to this. What would be the solution in everyone's eyes? To keep getting the same pair repaired or just get a pair with a short leg. Be reminded that this is a local authority I now work for and the money isn't an issue (told from a meeting I had about this very matter). They have suggested speaking with sthil or the retailer being Jones, I laughed as I could not understand how me telling them my leg size was the issue wasn't sinking in. Am I I being crazy about this or should I put up and shut up about the whole thing? Considering I have tried the stupid braces things and they keep falling off while climbing and wearing a belt under a harness diggs in like a mofo. Also three times split bum in less than six months.

It's less to do with your diminutive stature and more to do with the HiFlex. They seem to make them out of recycled candy floss.

I'm a compact 5'8, 10 stone, athletic build, chiselled features and the HiFlex fall apart at the sight of work.

I've been wearing the Arbortec Breatheflex for a good few months. Similar fit to the HiFlex, comfy as hell, and if you accidentally do some work in them they stay in one piece!

Having chainsaw trousers that fit you is vital.they are an extremely important part of your PPE and wether you are a groundy or a climber they need to fit and they need to be fit for the job! HiFlex are notorious for crotch splitting.When they are box fresh and the right size they are a superb trouser but any slack in the crotch area and you straddle round a branch the wrong way and,RRRRip!!!! Any tear in them and they soon turn into tramp pants...insist on a trouser that works for you...you will be able to do your job better and safer..after many pairs of Hi Flex,X Fit and Pfanner I believe I have found the best in SIP.

Im 5 6" and 10 stone ish skinny person and I've always found Stihl trousers to provide the snuggest / best fit. Shame they don't last that well.

Had XS Stretch Airs for a bit and they were harder wearing and waterproof to a degree. But definitely a larger fit.

I find the more you wash hi flex, the worse they get. After 40+ washes if you walk past a sharp blade of grass you'll be able to see your white bits (Ballistics nylon...)