Slang!

Asimina

I've only been here a day and I've learned many new words. I would like to know more, I hate when I have my foot in mouth. :lol:

Pom?

Cizzer?

Plant-I know this one now. It's not about plants.

French letter-hahahaha, this one makes no sense at all.

Scrumpy? I don't know, but I think I like it. :)

I'll add more as I notice them. I know I could Google, but where's the fun in that?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you sleep with dogs you get fleas. :biggrin:

We call fizzy drinks pop in parts of the Midwest. Soda in other parts, and I hear Southerners call it coke. I just don't know how they order drinks. If you go to a McDonalds in the Midwest and ask for a coke, you get a coke. How does that work in the South? What if I wanted a Mountain Dew? I don't drink pop (fizzy drinks) though, so I have never ran into that problem.

Kleenex is any kind of boxed tissue. Brand doesn't matter, if you need to blow your nose you ask for a Kleenex.

A poor creater (creature pronounced creater) o a tourist wandered into a bar in Belfast and before he got a chance to decide what he wanted to drink was greeted by the barman guldering (=shouting) "Bout-ye" in his face.

Which caused him to wonder how he had offended said barman, but a spat out "bout-ye" merely bes the standard Belfast greeting, being short for "How about you".

cheers

m

One of the girls i was sniffing around when i was in the states called everything she thought to be cool, "spunky" which i always sniggered at :biggrin:

Scrumpy can also mean tasty (food) or tasty as in pretty girl, who could also be called a bit of crumpet, which is also something nice roasted by the fire smeared in butter

Isotonic is a type of sports drink which is good for replenishing the bodys salts(?)

You guys have isotonic drinks, as that was something i drank a load off after getting unwell due to the altitude and not drinking enough.