Check your trailers

Guss109

Got stopped by the nice men of vosa this morning and got the fine tooth comb treatment. Long and short of it I got new tyres on the trailer earlier this year and they had put the wrong weight rating on. So now I've to change out four tyres but thankfully no fine from vosa just a check to show I've done as asked and a days lost work

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should take this up with whoever supplied and fitted the tyres ?

You done well to get away without a fine, but still a pita.

To add to this Essex police apparently now have a dedicated vehicle on the road for pulling trailers.

Vosa are apparently having a new office/weighbridge built by the new Col utd football ground, nice and convenient for the A12

Just to make life a little more interesting :(

Got stopped by the nice men of vosa this morning and got the fine tooth comb treatment. Long and short of it I got new tyres on the trailer earlier this year and they had put the wrong weight rating on. So now I've to change out four tyres but thankfully no fine from vosa just a check to show I've done as asked and a days lost work

HI GUSS sorry to hear this mate BUT go back to the tyre fitter thanks jon :thumbup:

HI GUSS sorry to hear this mate BUT go back to the tyre fitter thanks jon :thumbup:

I would but can't remember where I got them or find the receipt so that ideas out the window. Just back from buying four new wheels and tyres for around the same price as most places wanted for just the tyres so just away to fit them and go back to the vosa station to prove I've sorted the problem

I would but can't remember where I got them or find the receipt so that ideas out the window. Just back from buying four new wheels and tyres for around the same price as most places wanted for just the tyres so just away to fit them and go back to the vosa station to prove I've sorted the problem

HI GUSS well done now your ok then thanks jon :thumbup:

VOSA have outsourced the work to contractors hence on the prowl.

they are just finishing building a new centre and weighbridge just off J10 of M3. and have stopped a thatcher for having no taco fitted to truck. had to now get a jeep to do work.

so watch out that will be on there hit list soon no taco fitted to trucks with trailer attached. £1000 fine. talk about getting money out of small business.