Any 1 dealt with Glen Farrow wood kilns?

R5log

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These have been covered in detail recently on the Forum.

Batch Boilers will not meet the RHI emissions criteria when run on max output.

If you wish to be certain that those payments will continue, you need to ensure you install a system that complies with the regulations - so we are looking at wood chip / pellet boilers.

Our glenfarrow is hooked upto a kiln which we put together ourselves, a shipping container with two heat exchangers in the end and vent holes, all you need really, glenfarrow are great to deal with and the boiler is so simple to use and well made. RHI also mounting up nicely and a plentiful supply of dry logs, ideal!

Our glenfarrow is hooked upto a kiln which we put together ourselves, a shipping container with two heat exchangers in the end and vent holes, all you need really, glenfarrow are great to deal with and the boiler is so simple to use and well made. RHI also mounting up nicely and a plentiful supply of dry logs, ideal!

How much has it cost you up to date for just the equipment not including the container?

I'm not convinced this system is the way forwards, I look at these at the apf and you have to burn over a quarter of a containers worth of wood you dried to dry the wood in the container? Also the boiler seemed to loose heat before it got to the container, lack of insulation maybe?

I'm not convinced this system is the way forwards, I look at these at the apf and you have to burn over a quarter of a containers worth of wood you dried to dry the wood in the container? Also the boiler seemed to loose heat before it got to the container, lack of insulation maybe?

But u get paid to burn the wood

Haven't had a full count up but the boiler was around 15k, 6000 litre tank (insulated and covered ourselves) around 1500 and pipe work, meters etc around 6k maybe. Far cheaper than any chip or pellet boiler and not restricted to expensive fuel, don't know about other ares but in Aberdeenshire, dry woodchip is £100 a ton, pellets around £170. Pallets, tree roots and brash etc make excellent and free fuel. Yes it has to be manually loaded each day but the savings more than make up for this. Also I don't know how well the more conplicated chip and pellet boilers will work in 20 years time?

Get a WoodPellet boiler, the efficiency of the boiler is much higher due to the consistent moisture content of the 6mm pellet.

Bagged or loose, easy to store & in plentiful supply.

Exactly - Although many will go for woodchip for many reasons.

Do you have a pellet boiler yourself and if so how do the figures stack up? Assuming most will be installing 198kw/hr approx. Thanks.

Get a WoodPellet boiler, the efficiency of the boiler is much higher due to the consistent moisture content of the 6mm pellet.

Bagged or loose, easy to store & in plentiful supply.

But, we produce arb tree waste, rubbish round processor and saw dust.

Not wood pellets, I know we will have to put some round chip wood in as well