2011 honda 500fm quad

Tree Man Tom

Bought said quad second hand a couple months ago for work and pleasure, and having never owned or ridden a quad I thought it rode well, fast and plenty of torque.

Over night it seems to have gained 10hp! Took it out earlier and wow what a difference! Out of nowhere loads more power! Can get 100kph out of it now rather that 70kph lol

Sounds like it's got a lot more grunt to! How odd, anyone know why this may of happened? Obviously there was something holding it back, carb blockage?

The Hondas quads tend to require a carb clean every few years. They run much better once done and can get a bit grotty in the fuel bowl at the bottom of the carb. There is a slotted brass screw in the very bottom of the bowl also which you can undo and bleed out any water it may have built up in there which can help sometimes.

Also theres a rubber diaphragm in the top of the carb which can split/hole altho that would give you a permanent rough running problem and not intermittent.

First thing I would check is the speedo as 100kph = 64mph if you getting this out of a quad all I can say is apply to NASA!

Not hard to do really, I worked on a farm a few years back for 4 years and our honda trx550 topped out around 120kph