Handy Pro & Riko\Balfour Splitter Rebadged?

MonsterMonster

I'm looking at getting a vertical electric splitter for domestic use. Having looked on this forum the Handy Pro 7 Ton THPLS7TE gets a good review as does the Riko 7 ton THPLS7TE. Judging from the model code they are the same, even the same picture of the splitter in green. So, who actually makes these and what other badges do they come under?

Thanks

I bought mine from Riko, very happy with it. I wanted a reasonably local service depot + spares in case it went wrong, so I was happy to pay a bit more for than the cheapest possible price. I am guessing that they are the same machine. My last log splitter was scrapped due to lack of spare parts so local service + parts were high up on my list this time around. I also find the vertical quite a lot easier to use than my previous smaller horizontal splitter.

I bought mine from Riko, very happy with it. I wanted a reasonably local service depot + spares in case it went wrong, so I was happy to pay a bit more for than the cheapest possible price. I am guessing that they are the same machine. My last log splitter was scrapped due to lack of spare parts so local service + parts were high up on my list this time around. I also find the vertical quite a lot easier to use than my previous smaller horizontal splitter.

Thanks for that Logit. I think these are made by Balfor of Italy and are identical.

Probably not, but anything that looks really tough to split I would just chainsaw up anyway. I have seen other threads where people with 20 ton splitters still have difficulty with tough logs. This 7 ton splitter is quite a bit more capable than by previous 5 ton one and I have a 4 way splitting attachment which I use at times.