Quadchip yes or no? Any problems?

Jontreasure

Calling all quadchip owners and users. I'm currently thinking of upgrading my old entech/timberwolf 150 not that it's knackered. I'm hoping the quad-chip will be a fairly significant improvement and would like peoples opinions and advise.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not the greatest devotee having used several belonging to different contractors

I don't like having to set it up each time you use it, I think the discharge could be nearer the towing vehicle, setting the discharge up is only a one man job once you have mastered its black art.

The one thing I do find annoying is that the rollers never seem to close and often leave twigs un chipped.

The turntable is good and when new it spins luuuuverly

Finnish is powder coat and as always, after a while it flakes of on un fettled edges.

I use one at work and its the best wee chipper I've used,like tree quip said setting it up is pita,but one annoying thing is the side feed rollers,branches always catch on the side in front,almost needs a third if you get my drift..

I ran one for 2 years, was a good machine and like treequip I got sick of setting it up but thats me being lazy.

One or two issues along the way but nothing major, my only real gripe is its a pain in the arse to service, things are just a ball ache to get to as everything is so compact.

I now run a forst and whilst no turntable and not 750kg its a much better chipper and a full check takes under 10 mins!

Would I have another qc? yes I would but I would look at the new tw240 aswell. Or a jensen/forst.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not buy another one! Go for a chipper thats built to a spec rather than a weight. The service & back up is not all that it is made out to be. Based on my experiences i would not buy another Greenmech.

I would not buy another one! Go for a chipper thats built to a spec rather than a weight. The service & back up is not all that it is made out to be. Based on my experiences i would not buy another Greenmech.

You must have bought from the people who sold me my Carlton 4012...:001_rolleyes:

I've always found the guys at G.M outstanding in their technical aftersales advice and speed of parts delivery even though Peter Parts STILL can't get his head around our address...

Ty