Arb Assoc - 'Affiliate Contractor' proposal

AA Teccie (Paul)

Dear ARBTALK'ers, a bit of market research if I may be so bold :001_rolleyes:

Increasingly, as the ARB Approved Contractor (ArbAC) Scheme grows in popularity and with an increasing awareness at the (commercial / LA) client level, particularly due to the 'tie-in' with the CHAS Scheme, AND hopefully now in the domestic sector too as we can award TRUSTMARK, several contractors are stating they are "working towards" arb approval. Hence subsequently, the clients often contact us for confirmation of such...BUT we have nothing to support this claim other than the contractor concerned has perhaps been on a (FoC :thumbup:) Preparation Workshop previously...not particularly a clear demonstration that one is actively "working towards" ARB Approval.

It has been suggested, by A-N-other (very) prominent ARBTALK'er, who BTW has recently become ARB Approved himself (thank you), that we should be better supporting, and recognising, these businesses...quite rightly.

Hence there is a proposal to consider the introduction of an 'Affiliate Contractor' membership grade which, it is anticipated, will be a contractor 'actively' working towards ARB Approval with a view to presenting for assessment within a reasonable timescale (TBC.) It is not intended to be a long term membership option. By way of support, the contractor will receive the regular updates / 'ARB Digest' we supply to ArbACs and have open lines of communication to myself, as Scheme Manager, and colleagues who are scheme lead assessors. We may, also, be able to offer the option of a reduced price, or maybe free (TBC), pre-assessment visit once the contractor feels they are ready, or almost ready, for assessment. Further AA training discounts would likely be available also.

As always "the devil will be in the detail", including cost, which is likely to vary according to business size as with ArbAC, and obviously wouldn't be any more than the ArbAC fees, and hopefully significantly less.

So, basically, I'm looking for a "show of hands" to see who would be interested in this proposal?

Thanks in anticipation and all feedback (positive and negative) will be gratefully received :thumbup1:

Cheers..

Paul

PS Sorry, just seen this message posted and it goes on a bit..."thanks for getting to this point!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As prompted by PAUL For all Those , It was MY suggestion to Paul , re this model for affiliate contractor seeking progression & recognition.

so please don't blame anyone else if it goes tits up. YEP ITS ME you can shout at

I remember how hard it was when I set up in business all those years ago, to get recognition to show our commitment to doing a good job for our clients to see..

I with others nearly ,very nearly set up a scheme , But the AA have rightly Imo taken this forward & I applaud them for it , some might not .

best regards to All Arb's out there, who do a great job in difficult circumstances

especially where competing with the rogue element, in what can be a cash is king market place.

Iain

Edited by Yorkshireman

As prompted by PAUL For all Those , It was MY suggestion to Paul , re this model for affiliate contractor seeking progression & recognition.

so please don't blame anyone else if it goes tits up. YEP ITS ME you can shout at

I remember how hard it was when I set up in business all those years ago, to get recognition to show our commitment to doing a good job for our clients to see..

I with others nearly ,very nearly set up a scheme , But the AA have rightly Imo taken this forward & I applaud them for it , some might not .

best regards to All Arb's out there, who do a great job in difficult circumstances

especially where competing with the rogue element, in what can be a cash is king market place.

Iain

Iain, thank you for "coming out" here :biggrin: and supporting the cause which is because of your belief, commitment and a strong desire to improve the industry for all who earn a living from it (well, all the genuine, trustworthy and reputable ones, i.e. ARBTALK'ers)

Hoping one doesn't have to get into the 'bosom' territory at all :lol:

Thanks again for your support here Iain.

Cheers :thumbup1:

Paul