Chinese quad/compact timber trailers?

RichardT

Anyone know if there's a UK importer?

I'm after a simple & cheap trailer/wire crane setup for getting firewood & thinnings out of my wood behind the quad or compact, a Kranman 1.5t one from Caledonian is getting on for £3k while the Chinese knockoff from an Ebay Germany trader is E1300 odd, but like other Germans before him he stops at the Channel. They'll not be as well built, but at half price or less I could live with that.

I've found similar/identical machines available in various Euro/Scand countries and plenty of offers of containerloads from the PRC, but nothing in the UK.

Any ideas?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had quite a bit of chinese kit in the past, still have some now but its crap, and would not have any more. Also it's worthless on the second hand market, better off getting a second hand quality machine IMO.

I know exactly what you mean, but a) I've not seen a single used Rexon or similar in a couple of months of looking (possibly in the wrong places), and b) there's a lot less to cock up when building a dumb trailer than a tractor or, god forbid, chipper, unless their welding is even worse than mine. And anyway the Chinese component content on mainstream agri kit is rising constantly so we'd probably better get used to it.

It's only getting popular because people buy it.

Total false economy, I've been repairing tools and machinery for 20 years and seen the cheap stuff gradually take over from the decent stuff, quality british manufacturing has suffered badly because british people buy foreign rubbish putting price before quality.

Human nature I'm afraid, but in the end we have cut our own throats, by not being loyal and sending uk manufacturing down along with the assosiated jobs

Going aside a bit but our lass came home with some pears from halfway round the world, we grow the same pears here :confused1:

"It's only getting popular because people buy it."

Er, yes.

If you want a discussion on the decline of British manufacturing I'll happily chip in as an economist by training, we'll need to go a bit further back than 20 years though. And a bit deeper than blaming punters for buying 'foreign rubbish' while letting the commercially suicidal UK manufacturers off scot free.

I asked a specific question about a specific bit of kit. The only remotely relevant UK supplier I know of is Logic, I'd have to fabricate a winch boom and in any case they're overpriced, even against the Swedish and Canadian 'foreign rubbish' currently imported.

"total waste of money..........."

Is this anything foreign, just Asian stuff like Korean tractors, or only Chinese?

It's only getting popular because people buy it.

Total false economy, I've been repairing tools and machinery for 20 years and seen the cheap stuff gradually take over from the decent stuff, quality british manufacturing has suffered badly because british people buy foreign rubbish putting price before quality.

Human nature I'm afraid, but in the end we have cut our own throats, by not being loyal and sending uk manufacturing down along with the assosiated jobs

:

:dito:

Is this anything foreign, just Asian stuff like Korean tractors, or only Chinese?

If your a trained economist you should be able to work that one out quite easily.

Or.. if you can't... you get what you pay for..

Fair play, foreign is probably the wrong term to use, try "cheap foreign".

why not look at building youre own? or getting someone to build you one?

i know theocus on here is doing just that (building it himself) with a small hiab off ebay to start with

if it were me, id buy an appropiate trailer first off (you can use the trailer whilst you look for other bits) then the hiab/crane, all 2nd hand/ebay, collect some scrap metal, and build it myself, or if welding aint youre thing, hire a mobile one for the day, much more satisfying building/desinging youre own stuff

let us know what ever way you go