forest masterFM 16T

This is probably a bit DIY for this site but I am thinking of purchasing an electric splitter for home use only. I cut my own wood which is mostly between 6 and 12 inch with the very occasional larger piece. I have a mix of ash, oak and birch. I have come across some larger softwood but I can split that with wedges to a reasonable size. I was thinking of a Forest Master FM16T (8 ton) Any experience of this machine or sugestions?

Can't help you too much but it does seem to be a very optimistically named machine 😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Yes probably should have been called copse master.

Its from a British based design and manufacturing company so I am going to give it a go. Log maul is getting heavier and the wood harder these days

If it is better than the fm10T that I used to split 24 inch wide (12 inch thick) knotty oak because nothing manual would touch it then it is more than OK for home use. It does need the duocut wedge fitted to make splitting the hard stuff easier. It is obviously slower than a splitter designed for commercial use but effective none the less.

Edited by SteveP

• 8 months later...